Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doogie: 'Vikings have offered contract extension to Cousins'
Just reported. Ball is in Kirk's court.

Really? Doogie was me blocked. Do you have the tweet?

I'm not seeing anything yet...

Apparently he's said it but not tweeted it? Other sources are quoting Doogie as having said it. 

Why would we believe you, Sticky? :p

[Image: ghf4wwlp9jof.jpeg]

Kirk has proven that he wont sign anything “team friendly”
As much as I like the guy, and his stability at the position, Im not a proponent of “The Rogers Rate” where all the. clubs money is vested in one player.

F that

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Why would we believe you, Sticky? :p
Working hard to put this gif behind me!

[Image: tenor.gif]

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Kirk has proven that he wont sign anything “team friendly”
As much as I like the guy, and his stability at the position, Im not a proponent of “The Rogers Rate” where all the. clubs money is vested in one player.

F that
Definitely cannot have him making $45MM this year, but there is a big misconception of Kirk's annual cap hits throughout the years. I dont have a spotrac login so I cant go back to 2018 but here are some years:

2019: Kirk's cap hit was 15% of our cap. 8/12 of the highest paid players on the team were defensive players
2020: Kirk's cap hit was 10.77% of our cap. Highest 10 players was split 50/50 for offense and defense
2021: Kirk's cap hit was 16.5% of our cap. Again 50/50, but we had a freaking FB in the top 10 which is so insanely stupid. A little high last year but not crazy
2022: Need to find a way to keep it in the 14-15% range IMO

Last year, Rodgers' hit was 14.5%, Russ was 17.4%, Rams QB's combined were 24%, and Jimmy G was 13.5%

Here's my question: If we can't reach an extension before free agency opens, will that trigger a trade? The teams that desperately need a QB like Indy, Steelers, that have the money to fit him under the cap are not going to wait around. If Kwesi and O'Connell have made the decision that they will not let Kirk play out his final year at a $45 Million Cap Hit, and Kirk is hell bent on becoming a Free Agent, I'm not sure we have much choice. Should be interesting to see what happens between now and 12:00 Monday Morning when Free Agency deals can be "Officially" discussed. If Kirk won't agree to an extension now, I can't imagine he will before becoming a Free Agent where he can maximize his contract value.