Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer and Cousins “chest bump”....in retrospect
Now that details of the Zimmer “regime” and all the apparent dysfunction have been brought to light.....

I think back to that “chest bump” thing Cousins did with Zimmer and the posts we had. Many posters thought “No big deal” at the time, (myself included) some said it looked like Zimmer wanted to rip Cousins head off....

I now think I was wrong.

In retrospect, has your opinion of that incident changed in light of the details we are getting on Zimmer?

Thoughts?

Just a refresher as to what it looked like.

I have the same opinion, I thought it was more than celebrating.

I recall the discussion, but I don't think I ever saw the clip. The non-verbal in one above does not look like celebration.  I don't recall what I thought at that time. 

It looked to me like Zimmer was overly sensitive here, but admittedly, I don’t think much of Zimmer. This looks like typical excited celebration after a game. It’s ironic since this is exactly the type of energy Zimmer said he wanted from Cousins. 
To me, he now comes off as a whiny little B who wants to blame everyone but himself for his failures. Cousins is nothing more than a convenient target because of how a portion of the fans feel about him. 
The reality is every offensive coach who served under him, to include some long tenured well respected guys, wanted away from him as soon as possible. 

Mike Zimmer?  The name sounds familiar but... can't place it.

I thought it was funny how many thought Zimmer was just "fired up" for the win and how many covered for him at the time. It was clearly a get off my lawn moment. Wish we knew what was said. lol...Just makes Cousins smarter all the time that he's never publicly bashed that jackass. 

I thought at the time the same as I do now.  We had a HC who should have been gone a few years ago that we are all throwing under the bus now.  In addition, we have a weird tightly wound QB who is still here, so we are stuck with defending his weirdness.  

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
It looked to me like Zimmer was overly sensitive here, but admittedly, I don’t think much of Zimmer. This looks like typical excited celebration after a game. It’s ironic since this is exactly the type of energy Zimmer said he wanted from Cousins. 
To me, he now comes off as a whiny little B who wants to blame everyone but himself for his failures. Cousins is nothing more than a convenient target because of how a portion of the fans feel about him. 
The reality is every offensive coach who served under him, to include some long tenured well respected guys, wanted away from him as soon as possible. 
I have been saying it sunce the “miracle” game.

One only need look at his lack of respect for his players. The kicker position especially. He had no respect for others around him.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I have been saying it sunce the “miracle” game.

One only need look at his lack of respect for his players. The kicker position especially. He had no respect for others around him.
...or offensive coordinators that don't "fall in line" with his way of thinking.