Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kwesi Combine Comments Concerning Cousins

"Everything is in play," Kwesi Adofo-Mensah said about the #Vikings quarterback situation. Said he expects Kirk Cousins to "play well for us" but that they're keeping options open.
[Image: XEOFGm8q_bigger.jpg]
Adofo-Mensah said Cousins is "talented, cerebral," and that they want to focus on what he does well and build around that. But noted several times that they've got a puzzle of a salary cap to figure out.

Sounds like the standard stuff you'd expect to hear outside of "when the odds are in his favor..he gets the most out of it." To me that means Kwesi knows what we all know, Kirk's not going to improvise and make a play when things break down and needs a clean pocket and weapons to be most effective.

Also interesting when talking about Cousins he acknowledged the cap situation being an issue and they are "keeping all options open." I'm going to be fairly surprised if Cousins isn't traded prior to draft day. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Sounds like the standard stuff you'd expect to hear outside of "when the odds are in his favor..he gets the most out of it." To me that means Kwesi knows what we all know, Kirk's not going to improvise and make a play when things break down and needs a clean pocket and weapons to be most effective.

Also interesting when talking about Cousins he acknowledged the cap situation being an issue and they are "keeping all options open." I'm going to be fairly surprised if Cousins isn't traded prior to draft day. 
Not going to improvise - I agree.
Needs a clean pocket - Sometimes as this year he did have a few really good games when the OL played like crap.
Needing weapons - Don't agree. 2015 & 2017 Redskins (They were the Redskins then so I'm leaving it haha) had an awful group of weapons and he had solid years both seasons. No Irv this year, had Thielen miss a few games and the same for Cook. 

That all being said, I think he's traded too

Sounds to me like attributing meaning to anything more than what Kwesi said is a waste of time. 

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah: "We love Ezra [Cleveland]. We think he's going to take a next step in our scheme. We like what we've seen out of him and we think he's going to take that next jump this year."
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
Kwesi Adofo-Mensah says Danielle Hunter was one of the first people he spoke to. “He’s somebody we want to work with going forward.”

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah said he's talked to Kirk Cousins and Kirk's agent.

"Those conversations are ongoing...we will do whatever's best for the Minnesota Vikings and Kirk will do what's best for Kirk. But I think there's a lot of middle ground for us to work well together."

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1MnxnkrVZXwKO
He's an impressive speaker.  Very bright.  

...zzz..zzZZZZzz...