Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stingley Will Not Workout At The Combine

#LSU CB Derek Stingley Jr., perhaps the top CB in the draft, will wait until his Pro Day on April 6 to workout, source said. Stingley had surgery for a Lisfranc injury during the season and is nearly 100%. But not quite there yet, so no workouts at the Combine.

Yeah. Ten foot pole marks no where to be found.

Yikes. Hard pass 

I'd still gamble on that talent over every cornerback in this draft not named Sauce 

Evan Neal will also not work out.

Breaking News:  I am not working out at the combine either.  In fact, I am not working out anywhere Sad

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
#LSU CB Derek Stingley Jr., perhaps the top CB in the draft, will wait until his Pro Day on April 6 to workout, source said. Stingley had surgery for a Lisfranc injury during the season and is nearly 100%. But not quite there yet, so no workouts at the Combine.

Yeah. Ten foot pole marks no where to be found.
I get the concern of Stingley but I dont think the decision to not workout at the combine should add to that list. Over the last 3-4 years it has become more and more popular to skip workouts at the combine and only do things at their pro day. Guys feel better in their own environment and for some reason those hand times always look better Smile

[Image: dKwT9yPQ_bigger.jpg]
Among players who won’t work at Combine or at least still deciding:
—Purdue DE George Karlaftis (no decision yet, still mulling)
—Michigan RB Hassan Haskins (will bench only, recovering from lower leg injuries)
—Clemson WR Justyn Ross (foot surgery, will work at his pro day)

I don't think will be a huge surprise for NFL teams. He'll do more at the LSU pro-day for sure. For a guy like Stingley, medicals and interviews will be most important anyways. If he's healthy nobody doubts the physical skill-set. 

#USC WR Drake London says that he will only do interviews at the combine, but he emulates his game after Calvin Johnson and Mike Evans. Takes things away from both of their games.

QB Matt Corral just told me he is 100% coming off the ankle injury, despite the fact that he will not participate in on-field drills at the combine. Docs told him 6-8 weeks. Says he’s ready.