Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You have an OG you'd like to add in FA?
We've talked about Corbett from the Rams, Scherf is probably too expensive. 

Anyone else out there?

James Daniels might be interesting. C/G flexibility. I'm all for Davis getting a shot under the new regime. 

Send them all out here to SD,  anyone who isn't blown over by the winds we usually have would be an improvement over what we've seen from our C / G play the last couple years.  Cleveland has been ok, but still only marginally many times.

Brandon Scherff tops the list, Iowa kid but most likely too expensive.  Next would be Daniels.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
James Daniels might be interesting. C/G flexibility. I'm all for Davis getting a shot under the new regime. 
I think that ball is in Davis' court more than anybodies...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JustinTime18™ said:
I think that ball is in Davis' court more than anybodies...

I think we should approach the offseason not expecting Davis to start. Any contribution will then be a bonus. I think Cole's versatility could earn him a low-to-mid tier contract. Just don't know if that will be for us or another team. Who really knows what the new regime is going to want. 

We all keep talking about potential trades for Cousins and Hunter. But Bradbury might be the most likely trade candidate. Former 1st rounder. He could hold a decent amount of value and upside for a wide-zone team with a quick-hitting offense and a more mobile QB. 

What our OL needs more than anything is experience. I'd maybe look for a journeyman center to replace Bradbury, then draft a guard in the middle rounds to compete with Cole and/or Davis. Blake Brandel is a wild card. Kyle Hinton is still a long shot, but could also factor in. 

the RG from Chicago would be nice.  

But if it was upgrade C vs upgrade RG, I'll take anyone over BUSTburry at this point.  Give me a strong vet, an Alex Mack type that could solidify the front and assist a young RG.

BUSTburied is one of the worst centers I have ever seen and is the weakest link in the OL.

Not an OG but Bradley Bozeman is an OC & only 27. A vet OC will have a bigger positive impact to the OL than an OG.

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-fre...-available
Not looking for the best, just looking for guys who can elevate the

32nd best C
32nd best RG 

to the 16th best C and RG 

That would be a huge upgrade and raise the quality of play across the OL significantly.  

Outside of that, look at Denver for a young LB or two bring in for Ed D.  If we are going 3-4 and use a pick in the top 2 rounds on a DE/LB the defense could look like

DL: Richardson-Pierce-Tomlinson (Lynch, Watts)
LB: Hunter-Kendricks-Broncos LB FA-2nd Round (Wonnum, Jones, Surrat, Dye)
1st Round CB-Smith-Bynum-Peterson with Dantzler

The 5-2
Hunter-Richardson-Pierce-Tominson-2nd Round
Kendricks-Broncos LB