Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Have 2 Shots
Kirk is safe. I know this. He’s the high school sweetheart who you know won’t cheat on you. He’s a good QB. 

But let’s say the Vikings trade him tomorrow and take a QB at #12. If that QB is good? Boom, you’re set. If he stinks? Yikes, you fell a$$ backwards into a high draft pick next year, where you draft another QB. 

Ideal? No. But neither is giving KC 3 more years guaranteed or 5 more years on a longterm deal. 

I don’t know what the right answer is I really do not. I just know that moving on from KC now nets you two chances at getting the elusive QBOTF, not one. If we believe in this new regime like everyone says they do, then two shots should surely yield something, right? Do it KAM!

While our defense goes over the cliff...ummm...no

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Kirk is safe. I know this. He’s the high school sweetheart who you know won’t cheat on you. He’s a good QB. 

But let’s say the Vikings trade him tomorrow and take a QB at #12. If that QB is good? Boom, you’re set. If he stinks? Yikes, you fell a$$ backwards into a high draft pick next year, where you draft another QB. 

Ideal? No. But neither is giving KC 3 more years guaranteed or 5 more years on a longterm deal. 

I don’t know what the right answer is I really do not. I just know that moving on from KC now nets you two chances at getting the elusive QBOTF, not one. If we believe in this new regime like everyone says they do, then two shots should surely yield something, right? Do it KAM!
At the bold; not sure that is an ideal situation if your KAM or KOC...

Far from it.

Agree with @MGO, they need to re-build the D first and foremost.

They also need keep productivity high at the QB position and help the team financially too.

I think they'll find a way to keep Cousins and to a friendlier team deal too. 1/2 of Viking nation will celebrate, the other 1/2 will grumble. 

[Image: 9xgxnw716t8v.jpeg]

When your HS girlfriend puts up 33TDs and 7 ints

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:

Yes, let's spend 1st rounders in back to back years on a QB.

[Image: m3il2o4y8sct.gif]

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:

So, you wanna double on the D ?

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:

Dammit. I read 33Ds

Drafting a QB this year all depends on who we get in return for Kirk or what. Reaching for a QB this year instead of drafting a quality DE or CB is about as stupid as it gets. Hopefully we all consider the offseason as a W

I think we keep Kirk as well
I also think Mond is “as good or better” than the choices in this years draft

I also wonder why we are having this discussion, when oir defense cant keep a team from scoring less than 30 points a game

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
I think we keep Kirk as well
I also think Mond is “as good or better” than the choices in this years draft

I also wonder why we are having this discussion, when oir defense cant keep a team from scoring less than 30 points a game
The discussion takes place now for a number of reasons.  1- the amount of dollars over the cap and 2. The amount of money and years Cousins may demand on any new deal to lower his cap number this year. 

Yes the D needs to be the focus,   as does the IOL,   but Kirk is definitely part of the discussion to fix those things IMO.