Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins Trade?
Any sauce to a trade with the Panthers for KC and Adam Thielen for 1st round pick 22' and 1st and 2nd rd pick23' ?

Quote: @PapaScott said:
Any sauce to a trade with the Panthers for KC and Adam Thielen for 1st round pick 22' and 1st and 2nd rd pick23' ?

I doubt it.  If you were the panthers would you do that?  In addition, we'd have to take Sam Darnold's salary to make it work. 

Yeah there’s almost no chance they’d take Thielen. He makes a lot of money and is 32 I believe. He has more value on the Vikings than he does on any other team.

Kirk they may want, but I’m not sure their roster is ready to “win-now” enough to actually pull the trigger on a deal. 

The Panthers pick #6 and I do not see any way they are giving up that pick unless they were swapping it for our 12.

Quote: @JR44 said:
The Panthers pick #6 and I do not see any way they are giving up that pick unless they were swapping it for our 12.

I wouldn't give up Thielen for that swap, let alone Kirk lol. 

If you are the Panthers though, you are literally a QB away from owning that division. Bucs don't have Brady and cap problems, Saints don't have a QB and are in cap hell, and if Matt Ryan and a mediocre Falcons roster is your biggest competition in the division...you have to go get a QB, becaise thats a really good roster otherwise. That and Matt Rhule is on the hot seat and its now or never for him. Cousins makes more sense then say Garoppollo from a durability standpoint and wouldn't cost as much in trade compensation as DeSean Watson or Kyler Murray. So it's not a surprise they made a phone call to gage interest. I'm sure the Vikings probably shut it down as they are in the process of evaluating roster options and how to best get under the cap and keep the players they want. I wouldn't be surprised to maybe see this spark up again as it gets closer to free agency. 

Carolina doesn't have their 2nd or 3rd round picks in this year's draft. Their #6 overall pick is their only pick in the top 100. If I'm doing this trade & keeping in mind that future picks are devalued by at least one round, it looks like this:

Carolina gets;
KC
#12 overall pick in 2022

Minny gets:
Darnold
#6 overall pick in 2022
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

This package for Minny is comparable to the package that Detroit received for Stafford (2 firsts, a third & Goff). Furthermore with KC, Carolina is likely to win a minimum of 9 games in both 2023 & 2024, so their 1st round picks will be in the bottom halves of those drafts.

If Minny could swing a trade like this, it would give them 2 first round picks in both 2023 & 2024 which would be plenty of ammo to move up in the 2023 to pursue their QBOTF.

The 2022 season would be a write-off w/ Darnold & Mond as your QBs.  

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
Carolina doesn't have their 2nd or 3rd round picks in this year's draft. Their #6 overall pick is their only pick in the top 100. If I'm doing this trade & keeping in mind that future picks are devalued by at least one round, it looks like this:

Carolina gets;
KC
#12 overall pick in 2022

Minny gets:
Darnold
#6 overall pick in 2022
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

This package for Minny is comparable to the package that Detroit received for Stafford (2 firsts, a third & Goff). Furthermore with KC, Carolina is likely to win a minimum of 9 games in both 2023 & 2024, so their 1st round picks will be in the bottom halves of those drafts.

If Minny could swing a trade like this, it would give them 2 first round picks in both 2023 & 2024 which would be plenty of ammo to move up in the 2023 to pursue their QBOTF.

I would do that trade and I’m against trading Kirk….unless the plan is to impode the roster. 

I would suspect Carolina wouldnt do it though. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Knucklehead said:

Carolina gets;
KC
#12 overall pick in 2022

Minny gets:
Darnold
#6 overall pick in 2022
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

I would do that trade and I’m against trading Kirk….unless the plan is to impode the roster. 

I would suspect Carolina wouldnt do it though. 
Agreed, but if Rogers, Wilson & Murray stay with their respective teams then KC would be the best QB available. I wouldn't move him for anything less than a package similar to the above.

I wouldn’t do that trade, not enough now in return. You’re giving up a franchise QB. There are currently around 13 or so QB’s that fit that title. They are extremely rare and exceptionally difficult to get your hands on. 
Cousins had the 9th rated QBR and the 4th rated QB rating in the league with our offensive line and questionable play calling. . 
What I would take:

2022: 1st round pick #6 overall
2023: 1st round pick 
2023: 3rd round pick 

2022 is one of the better drafts for DE’s/Edge rushers. CB talent at the top is good. This would allow two first round picks in the first 12 with high talent at two positions of needs staring you in the face. I wouldn’t do any deal without that 6th pick. With no swap and no conditions. Cousins is as healthy as they come, they can take 00% of the injury risk, not us. 
2023: You have two picks to help build firepower to get a QB. Of course we probably won’t need it because we’ll be picking high with no QB and a young developing defense. 
Lastly Darnold. We gotta have someone besides just Mond. He’s relatively valueless in this equation.