Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercials
Did anyone watch them?

Seems lots of them got a pre-release online.  Kinda seems odd.

I didn't watch too many, the Uber Eats caught my eye.  It was pretty lame, but there was a not so subtle easter egg.  Anyone else catch that?

Thought this years was pretty lame,  compared to past years.

Having a scan code thing crawl across your screen for 45 seconds?  Really?

Whose the Ad. Exec. that thought THAT was a good idea?  “Hey, lets just have one of those QR code things flash on the screen and we wont need to hire a writer, actors, editors, etc.   

The worst part was the gagfest with The Rock opening the game. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Right?! It was right out of WWF or Hunger Games. I sure hope the NFL doesn't go down that road. 

The only commercial I thought didn't suck was all the little cartoon football players coming out of the TV and trashing the house, but even that could have been a lot better.

Didn't know this...

Melissa Berman@Melissa_BermanFYI if you didn't already know- the Super Bowl PA announcer every year is the Vikings' PA announcer Alan Roach!!

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Did anyone watch them?

Seems lots of them got a pre-release online.  Kinda seems odd.

I didn't watch too many, the Uber Eats caught my eye.  It was pretty lame, but there was a not so subtle easter egg.  Anyone else catch that?
Are you referring to the candle?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
That was embarrassing and I am not sure if the Rock knows it so can you tell him for me Smile

I actually put it on mute and fast forwarded and was shocked how long he went on for.

I liked the talking baby commercial in the beginning/maybe before the game.  Of course, I have no idea what product it was promoting.

Oh and all the electric car commercials...if anyone still thinks electric cars are not the future you are over 85 years old and don't have much time/future remaining anyway.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
That was embarrassing and I am not sure if the Rock knows it so can you tell him for me Smile

I actually put it on mute and fast forwarded and was shocked how long he went on for.

I liked the talking baby commercial in the beginning/maybe before the game.  Of course, I have no idea what product it was promoting.

Oh and all the electric car commercials...if anyone still thinks electric cars are not the future you are over 85 years old and don't have much time/future remaining anyway.  
They are the future, but only because they are being forced upon us. I’m not necessarily opposed, but it won’t be by choice.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"minny65" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

They are the future, but only because they are being forced upon us. I’m not necessarily opposed, but it won’t be by choice.
If I lived in a metro area and didnt travel as much for work, they would be fine,  but out in rural America I think we are a ways off yet.  The battery and charging technology needs to be vastly improved before I think we really see the EV revolution take hold in rural America.