Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pettine Added To Staff

He was a Sr Defensive Asst with da Bears..

I expect a similar role for him here 

I like the addition of fresh minds and fresh blood onto the Vikings staff...the sign of a new era...

I dont know if I'd call Pettine or Donatell fresh minds? But they certainly bring experience to a side of the ball KOC needs. 

Vikings really got to improve the personnel on that side of the ball or it wont matter who's coaching. There's no big knockers over there anymore - outside of Kendricks.  I guess we have hope with Hunter.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I dont know if I'd call Pettine or Donatell fresh minds? But they certainly bring experience to a side of the ball KOC needs. 

Vikings really got to improve the personnel on that side of the ball or it wont matter who's coaching. There's no big knockers over there anymore - outside of Kendricks.  I guess we have hope with Hunter.  

I see knockers. Pierce, Tomlinson, Harry, Kendricks, Hunter....now how many will remain? That's the question. Because the cupboard is bare outside of them. And if we lose one or two, it's going to be very difficult to see much improvement on that side of the ball. No matter the coach. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I see knockers. Pierce, Tomlinson, Harry, Kendricks, Hunter....now how many will remain? That's the question. Because the cupboard is bare outside of them. And if we lose one or two, it's going to be very difficult to see much improvement on that side of the ball. No matter the coach. 

Yah, I guess you could put Pierce in there --- MAYBE Tomlinson. Pierce has been frustrating (for me) since we signed him. 

I dont consider Dirty Harry a big knocker any more, I suppose we could argue that till the cows come home...

FWIW PFF Grade:
2021 -  77.9
2020 - 74.3
2019 - 88.4
2018 - 79.7
2017  91.4

KAM may scrutinize this quite a bit:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pff.com%2Fnews%2Fnfl-minnesota-vikings-harrison-smith-reach-agreement-on-4-year-64-million-contract-extension

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yah, I guess you could put Pierce in there --- MAYBE Tomlinson. Pierce has been frustrating (for me) since we signed him. 

I dont consider Dirty Harry a big knocker any more, I suppose we could argue that till the cows come home...

FWIW PFF Grade:
2021 -  77.9
2020 - 74.3
2019 - 88.4
2018 - 79.7
2017  91.4

KAM may scrutinize this quite a bit:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pff.com%2Fnews%2Fnfl-minnesota-vikings-harrison-smith-reach-agreement-on-4-year-64-million-contract-extension

I wasn't a fan of that contract the minute it was signed, but there appears to outs written into it. And Harry can still play.

Pierce's only problem is staying healthy. When healthy, he was probably the most impactful defender on the team. 

But it's all moot. A new front office, coaching staff AND scheme means we don't really know if any of these guys will be back. But there's something to work with if they choose to. 

I think Harry's smarts factor in also. He will help especially if they go younger on defense.

I think old crabby guys make decent DC's.  As long as they aren't your HC.  

It's a combination of fresh minds and experience. They are fresh because they are coming to a new situation and of course they have experience. I think a combination of both experience and innovation is how things are shaping out.