Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This tired, lame ass schtick is still a thing??
JFC. Sigh.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/33...-bowl-2022

Listen, I have sympathy for Berman as his wife passed away while driving drunk (she killed herself and the driver of the car she hit. 3 times the legal limit. Horrible). But his schtick makes my stomach flip. 30 years ago? Sure. Now. Good lord no.

Its ESPN,   need anymore of an explanation?

I have always liked Berman, he brought a lot of fun to the NFL and he also was largely responsible for making the draft what it is today.  ESPN is not what it use to be, but don't forget how groundbreaking it was and how it opened the doors for so many of the sports outlets we have now and Berman was largely responsible for that so I will always be grateful for what he did for sports and he think he has earned the right to keep doing his thing for as long as he wants.  

Didn't even know he was still around but I don't watch ESPN, that might explain it 

We still have Al Michaels, the russian nested doll of Berman, doing his thing. Both professional, but well past their best used by date. 

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I have always liked Berman, he brought a lot of fun to the NFL and he also was largely responsible for making the draft what it is today.  ESPN is not what it use to be, but don't forget how groundbreaking it was and how it opened the doors for so many of the sports outlets we have now and Berman was largely responsible for that so I will always be grateful for what he did for sports and he think he has earned the right to keep doing his thing for as long as he wants.  

Back in the 80’s, he was an important part of growing the NFL popularity. Who didn’t wait and watch those Sunday Night highlights? It was the only way to see action from games not in your area, and Berman made them fun. As a Vikings fan in Bears country, it was all Bears all the time, so getting to see Berman do the highlights was great.

He did wear thin after so many years of it, but it was must see tv for me.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"JR44" said:

Back in the 80’s, he was an important part of growing the NFL popularity. Who didn’t wait and watch those Sunday Night highlights? It was the only way to see action from games not in your area, and Berman made them fun. As a Vikings fan in Bears country, it was all Bears all the time, so getting to see Berman do the highlights was great.

He did wear thin after so many years of it, but it was must see tv for me.
Yes to the bold part. This was also a thing....don't want to see it back either.

[Image: MV5BYzNiMTk4MDAtMWYwMC00Y2RlLTlkNjUtNDRh...X1000_.jpg]

Anyone who uses the phrase "NFC Norris" ought to be shot.

Just my hot take  B) :p

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Anyone who uses the phrase "NFC Norris" ought to be shot.

Just my hot take  B) :p
My wife ruined Chris Berman for me officially (I was already almost there) about 20 years ago when she said, 'he always sounds like he's out of breath when he talks'. I can't not hear it now. 

The last time I consistently watched ESPN, I was working on Y2K prep.