Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed Donatell favorite for Vikings DC

Basically every single candidate to date for DC has been a 3-4 guy.

Anyone still think we aren't moving to a 3-4?

#3 in points allowed last year...traded Von for a 2 and a 4...

with Fangio looking to take a DC position himself,  is it better to get the lead or the understudy?  Does Donatell actually bring something unique or was he simply running Fangios system?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
with Fangio looking to take a DC position himself,  is it better to get the lead or the understudy?  Does Donatell actually bring something unique or was he simply running Fangios system?
Donatell had similar success in GB, albeit two decades ago. 

Weird that a guy older than me is being considered.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I’d be fine with either but yeah, why is the apprentice more appealing than the sensei?

Also what happened to the Lions guy everyone was over the moon about yesterday? Not sure these media insiders really know who’s getting hired at all. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:

If we do switch to a 3-4, we'll obviously add players that fit it, but given our current players (under contract), what might that look like?

Tomlinson - Pierce -Watts
Hunter - Kendricks - ?? - Wonnum/Jones II

Seems an awkward fit for our current defense. I'm sure Hunter would be good in whatever defense you put him in, but in my mind, he's a prototype 4-3 DE. Does this foretell a trade?

trading hunter is more likely with a 3-4 than trading Kirk in any fashion is. IMO

im alright with that. what could we expext for hunter. age, production, injuries, and contract considered?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

If we do switch to a 3-4, we'll obviously add players that fit it, but given our current players (under contract), what might that look like?

Seems an awkward fit for our current defense. I'm sure Hunter would be good in whatever defense you put him in, but in my mind, he's a prototype 4-3 DE. Does this foretell a trade?
I think if you can get a slightly richer deal than the Broncos got for Miller, you pull the trigger. Sorry @Nichelle. But, 8 games out of the last 33 and looking for a payday isn't a good look.

I think we could run a 3-4 with Pierce playing shade, Tomlinson as 3T, Watts as 5i. Wonnum and Hunter on the edges. JRob or Jones III if Hunter moves on. Kendricks and Lynch inside. Sarratt over Jabril Cox looks worse and worse.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

I think if you can get a slightly richer deal than the Broncos got for Miller, you pull the trigger. Sorry @Nichelle. But, 8 games out of the last 33 and looking for a payday isn't a good look.

I think we could run a 3-4 with Pierce playing shade, Tomlinson as 3T, Watts as 5i. Wonnum and Hunter on the edges. JRob or Jones III if Hunter moves on. Kendricks and Lynch inside. Sarratt over Jabril Cox looks worse and worse.
I don’t want to trade Hunter but yeah I agree with pretty much all of this. The Surratt pick made no sense the second it was announced and I’d be hesitant to count on either of the year 2 DEs until we see they can actually play. Hopefully at least one of these 3 guys pans out. 

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:

I don’t want to trade Hunter but yeah I agree with pretty much all of this. The Surratt pick made no sense the second it was announced and I’d be hesitant to count on either of the year 2 DEs until we see they can actually play. Hopefully at least one of these 3 guys pans out. 
the Surrat pick is a key piece of evidence for the prosecution in the case of why Spielman was fired.