Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Add Grigson To FO
[Image: dBD2A6j6_bigger.jpg]
The Vikings are hiring former Colts GM Ryan Grigson to a senior personnel role, according to NFL Network. The 49-year-old was Indy's GM from 2012-16 and had been with the Browns for the past two years as an advisor. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah adds someone with GM experience.

Solid hire.

Good move. I like it.

Is he more of a personnel guy or what role does he traditionally play in a FO?  If he is complimentary (provides expertise to KAMs current areas of weakness)  I really like the hire, and this addresses one of the few reservations I had when they hired KAM.  Bringing in people with more experience than you is a sign of confidence and security by KAM,  good hire by him.

Don't think Grigson's track record in Indy is anything to brag about, but KAM is definitely going to need someone who at least has SOME experience with trades and maneuvering around the draft.

Nick Olson
@NickOlsonNFL
· 1h
Kwesi hiring Ryan Grigson for what sounds like a similar role as the one he served in Cleveland

Grigson was initially hired by the Colts because he had a keen eye for talent with the Eagles & Rams. Adding a traditional tape grinder football guy for Kwesi to lean on makes sense twitter.com/

Ryan Grigson and Vikings Co-Directors of Player Personnel Jamaal Stephenson and Ryan Monnens will all report directly to new GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.

Kwesi worked with the former Colts GM in Cleveland in 2020 and 2021.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/...WHH0ADBLq0&s=19
I like smart guys that have learned a lesson the hard way. They tend to be great as a 2.0 upgrade.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Don't think Grigson's track record in Indy is anything to brag about, but KAM is definitely going to need someone who at least has SOME experience with trades and maneuvering around the draft.
its too soon to mention "maneuvering around the draft"  can we please not use phrases that conjure up mental images of no mid round picks and 5- 7th rounders?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
its too soon to mention "maneuvering around the draft"  can we please not use phrases that conjure up mental images of no mid round picks and 5- 7th rounders?
Not sure what that could possibly mean considering we had FOUR 3rd rounders and THREE 4th rounders last year.

In years past we did trade down several times to collect late rounders. But I'm a big believer in that, as are those who use analytics to inform their draft strategies. It's not as, um, Kwesi as it sounds.