Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just my two cents on the coaching search....
I was completely fine with Harbaugh, but also felt very good about O'Connell. Its ok to be good with both and also equally ok to not be devastated about not signing Harbaugh. Disappointed? Sure. But to the point where you think we will suck because of not hiring (insert your guy here)? I don't get that. You understand that the Wilfs, KAM, the other members of the search team know a TON more than we do about the candidates, right? We also weren't there for the interviews. Why the dramatic exaggerated negative responses? I agree, we don't know how O'Connell and Kwesi will work out. Nothing is guaranteed. But the premature optimism of a new age type GM and a young guy plucked from the heart of a Superbowl team and the McVay coaching tree is WAY more logical than shitting on the hires. 

I'm not saying don't question the hires if you have doubts. I'm saying what is up with the overreaction in a negative way for not hiring Harbaugh? The guy had his chance all day yesterday to seal the deal and DIDN'T. The reasons we will probably never know fully. I'm fine with that. The process seemed to be really solid. I'm ready to rock with these guys.

I am really happy they are taking their time. I actually don't have a problem with that. I saw pros and cons with Harbaugh. All of the candidates have both strengths and weaknesses. I really like the idea of someone younger and not stuck in his ways. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

People on all sides have told us this was definitely more of the Vikings choosing to go elsewhere than Harbaugh. Just became clear as the day progressed that it wasn't the right fit.

It's not me, it's you.

Thing is I watched the Boone interview on Harbaugh...and was sold.

Then heard the story of the “minority owner (a Michigan Alum) in the Wilf’s ear about NOT hiring Harbaugh)

I thought, “certainly they can see through this guys tactics” and will have the scrote to make a decision based on experience and success...

refreshed my Vikings sites all day, on “Harbaugh watch”

then found out there wasnt even an offer.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:

Then heard the story of the “minority owner (a Michigan Alum) in the Wilf’s ear about NOT hiring Harbaugh)

I thought, “certainly they can see through this guys tactics” and will have the scrote to make a decision based on experience and success...

The internet is now chock full of posers, pretend insiders and just a ton of wrong information in these instances. Its a freaking garbage heap of stupidity. These podcasters overreact, misinform and otherwise act like ridiculous fan boys. 

Well, I for one, am thrilled we did not hire Harbaugh.

Good first big decision from Kwesi!  He gets my approval which is very hard to get Smile

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:

The internet is now chock full of posers, pretend insiders and just a ton of wrong information in these instances. Its a freaking garbage heap of stupidity. These podcasters overreact, misinform and otherwise act like ridiculous fan boys. 
So true. I had someone at work come to me today and say that he had heard through a podcast via some Michigan fanatic that Harbaugh was going to demand 10 years at $10MM per year. Is that true? I have no idea. If so, no way the Vikes are going to agree to that.

The Alex Boone comments? Didn't even give that a listen as he's the same guy that has been very public about throwing shade on teammates. 

Believe me, I PRAY I was wrong.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I was completely fine with Harbaugh, but also felt very good about O'Connell. Its ok to be good with both and also equally ok to not be devastated about not signing Harbaugh. Disappointed? Sure. But to the point where you think we will suck because of not hiring (insert your guy here)? I don't get that. You understand that the Wilfs, KAM, the other members of the search team know a TON more than we do about the candidates, right? We also weren't there for the interviews. Why the dramatic exaggerated negative responses? I agree, we don't know how O'Connell and Kwesi will work out. Nothing is guaranteed. But the premature optimism of a new age type GM and a young guy plucked from the heart of a Superbowl team and the McVay coaching tree is WAY more logical than shitting on the hires. 

I'm not saying don't question the hires if you have doubts. I'm saying what is up with the overreaction in a negative way for not hiring Harbaugh? The guy had his chance all day yesterday to seal the deal and DIDN'T. The reasons we will probably never know fully. I'm fine with that. The process seemed to be really solid. I'm ready to rock with these guys.

I agree but it's the difference between someone who is a proven winner/ commodity versus someone who's never been a head coach before. That's where the disappointment comes in. OConnell might be great or he might completely suck, at least there was a baseline for Harbaugh and it wasn't so much "if" he was going to win games...but how long could everyone put up with his quirks that was the question. I'd prefer to take the proven winner every time over a completely young unknown..

Also, I think it was easier for the Vikings to justify OConnell then Harbaugh after the Flores lawsuit and them interviewing Graham for 9 hours the day prior. I'm guessing politics played a part in it as well as the money and length of contract Harbaugh wanted.