Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Moss...
Whats the 1st emotion that hits you when you hear that name again?

Mine is a sentimental & pining ache for the past...How poetic huh?

And btw, MNF opener will be a tribute to one of our greatest:

Randy Moss to sound Gjallarhorn week 1 Minnesota Vikings vs SaintsRandy Moss will not only enter the Minnesota Vikings Ring of Honor, but he will sound the Gjallarhorn as well before the week 1 Monday Night Football game.https://thevikingage.com/2017/09/08/minnesota-vikings-randy-moss-sound-gjallarhorn-week-1-vs-saints/

"Tired of the drama" if you can call that an emotion.  It's not really his fault as his drama was a while ago, but we've got enough drama right now in the world, that I don't need anymore.  I wish we could have a HOF player that doesn't come with a ton of baggage though.

Nothing but love for Randy Moss. He is electric. Brings back a lot of memories. Looking forward to it.

For newer school Vikes fans like myself, Randy Moss is the man. He's the reason I became a Vikings fan in 98 when I was 10 (I'm not from MN). I knew nothing about his college days (good and bad), all I knew was this dude and that entire Vikings team was the most fun I'd ever had watching TV. I've been hooked ever since.

The first NFL game my dad brought me too was at the metrodome, Vikes/Bears, and the only souvenir I wanted was a plain purple hat with the brand new Vikings "horned V" logo on the front. Why? Because they marketed that hat as "Randy's cap". My dad and I still talk about that hat and the game.

Such a special player. Will likely go down as my favorite NFL player ever, because of the time in my life that his career came at.

Bottom line? as good as he was, the Vikings never won it all with him.

Awe.

Generational talent.

Spectacular.

If there was a level beyond the NFL, he'd tear that up too.

The best WR ever to play the game...yes even over Jerry Rice.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
For newer school Vikes fans like myself, Randy Moss is the man. He's the reason I became a Vikings fan in 98 when I was 10 (I'm not from MN).
Dude, last I checked, 98 was like 20 years ago. You're not a newer school fan anymore lol! Them's the ones running around chanting Skol and doing some rendition of the tomahawk chop crossed with a Finnish something or another. 

:p  :p :p

Fond memories. I went to 5 or 6 games in '98, none of them in Minnesota.
Best receiver ever. It helped to have Robert Smith and "3 deep"

Quote: @"Hidalgo" said:
Fond memories. I went to 5 or 6 games in '98, none of them in Minnesota.
Best receiver ever. It helped to have Robert Smith and "3 deep"
and also a couple guys names Steussie, McDaniel, Christy, Dixon & Big K Wink