Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC: "Jefferson in the loop on QB plans'

Adding a bit more insight...thanks Sticky.  The most insightful part:
"Needing to know and being a part of a collaborative process, which Justin is, are two different things," O'Connell said. "I've felt very strongly about keeping him informed. He's been in the loop. He's been aware. He's allowed to articulate things to me via our relationship, and that's really been through this whole process."

Well, he certainly wouldn't be "in the loop" if it wasn't important to him that the Vikings have a viable plan for the QBOTF. I doubt he has to sign off on it; I think he just wants to see them be aggressive in landing the best one they can. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Well, he certainly wouldn't be "in the loop" if it wasn't important to him that the Vikings have a viable plan for the QBOTF. I doubt he has to sign off on it; I think he just wants to see them be aggressive in landing the best one they can. 
This will sound a bit silly, but...ITs time for a re-boot of the franchise, to energize the fanbase. I know we need it, but a DL isnt going to have that instant impact on most casual fans. 

If the Wilfs were smart, they'd be singing from the same hymnal...

Too bad they most likely need a trade partner to make something happen. Maybe they'll end-up with a QB and something for the D? That would make most pretty happy I would think. 

Just throwing this out there.....say we land at four or five in the draft, all the previous picks have gone QB.

Do you take Marvin Harrison Jr ?

JJ, Addison, MHJ, Hock. pass catching ability of Aaron Jones.... 
Frankly, those guys COULD potentially make a "mediocre" QB, look damn good....
maybe one that was selected third overall, with some tread left on the tires who needs to prove something?

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Just throwing this out there.....say we land at four or five in the draft, all the previous picks have gone QB.

Do you take Marvin Harrison Jr ?

JJ, Addison, MHJ, Hock. pass catching ability of Aaron Jones.... 
Frankly, those guys COULD potentially make a "mediocre" QB, look damn good....
maybe one that was selected third overall, with some tread left on the tires who needs to prove something?
Absolutely not. They take MHJ, they’re basically telling JJ to kick rocks. There’s no way this team is investing THAT much capital on the WR position without a viable QB. 
You could put Jesus Christ at receiver and it’s not gonna make Darnold look any better. 

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Adding a bit more insight...thanks Sticky.  The most insightful part:
"Needing to know and being a part of a collaborative process, which Justin is, are two different things," O'Connell said. "I've felt very strongly about keeping him informed. He's been in the loop. He's been aware. He's allowed to articulate things to me via our relationship, and that's really been through this whole process."
I think this explains why Jefferson hasn’t signed yet. I’ve been saying for months that Jefferson isn’t sticking around for the Sam Darnold experience. He’s not gonna want to waste his career while the team takes each draft’s QB leftovers in hopes they stumble onto a real QB. I’m fully aware we can franchise him, but I’m absolutely positive he’ll hold out if we do. 
If it ain’t gonna be Kirk, he wants to see us make a move to get THE guy…. And I don’t blame him. He’ll play this year regardless. But without a REAL QBOTF waiting in the wings, you can kiss him goodbye. 
For better or worse, Kwesi put himself in the position where the foreseeable future of this franchise literally hangs on what he does at the QB position in THIS draft. We all better hope he nails it. 

I don't see anything controversial in what KOC is saying here at all. Keeping an important member of the team in the know.