Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crypto-crash

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its fine.....until it isn't:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-p...43983.html
No assets behind crypto/tokens such as this, risky move.

We back our tokens with assets which provides a strong baseline without the volatility on price.  Adds liquidity to the marketplace, value to the balance sheet, and eliminated transaction fees (15-20%).

got a friend DEEP into crypto. Good thing he only has a two story house. 

OMG! This has never happened before!!!

Why no posts on the dollar crash? Or how just about every investment is red the past week?

Quote: @claykenny said:

Why no posts on the dollar crash? Or how just about every investment is red the past week?
Because youve got a huge group of people whove never invested in anything who “made” big money. So they became know it alls and are now losing their ass. 

I was told how dumb I was for not investing it all in Crypto. Like the investments I have been making since about 1986 don’t matter, I should have seen how much I could have “made” in crypto.

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
I was told how dumb I was for not investing it all in Crypto. Like the investments I have been making since about 1986 don’t matter, I should have seen how much I could have “made” in crypto.
Yep. Don't forget about NFTs now as well (eye roll).

Historically, equities are the best long term investment in the history of mankind. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@claykenny said:

Because youve got a huge group of people whove never invested in anything who “made” big money. So they became know it alls and are now losing their ass. 

The majority of posts I see when cryptocurrency drops are from the people who aren’t invested mocking it because of their own insecurity. Second are brand new investors who bought at an all time high and panic on the first pullback because they haven’t experienced it before.

The people who made big money aren’t even close to losing their ass right now. I guess the biggest cryptocurrency investor I know personally had about $35 million in Bitcoin last year and then over $60 million this year and now has $35 million again. How will he feed his family? 

There’s a ton of institutional money in cryptocurrency now. These aren’t random YouTubers or novice investors. Like every investment, they create fear so they can quietly accumulate. 

@AGRforever said:
@claykenny said:

The majority of posts I see when cryptocurrency drops are from the people who aren’t invested mocking it because of their own insecurity. Second are brand new investors who bought at an all time high and panic on the first pullback because they haven’t experienced it before.

The people who made big money aren’t even close to losing their ass right now. I guess the biggest cryptocurrency investor I know personally had about $35 million in Bitcoin last year and then over $60 million this year and now has $35 million again. How will he feed his family? 

There’s a ton of institutional money in cryptocurrency now. These aren’t random YouTubers or novice investors. Like every investment, they create fear so they can quietly accumulate. 

Yeah for sure but also… ish crashed

@AGRforever said:
@claykenny said:

I think this gives a fair take on both sides of the cryptocurrency 'coin' per se....

https://themarkup.org/ask-the-markup/202...tocurrency

And is a crypto-winter coming?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/25/crypto-w...-drop.html

I'm not saying you can't make money, I'm saying its extremely volatile. And the vast majority of people I see defending the currency, are selling it as an investment to people or otherwise benefiting. Shocker. Theranos was able to get a billion dollars worth of investment money so people being intrigued with any new and shiny isn't surprising. And an example where a guy's crypto investment loses $25 million and you throw in the tag 'how will he feed his family' says it all, lol. How is this a normal investment vehicle for mainstream investors? It isn't. Not that long ago, smart people mined for crypto and then held onto it.You can steal millions of dollars worth of it without a trace, happens all the time. Its a rich person's playground and gambler's paradise. Don't worry, I'm sure Elon Musk will have an interview soon where he mentions his love of crypto and it'll zoom back up.