Nakobe DeanLB, Georgia
    [Image: Minnesota_Vikings_logo.svg.png]Minnesota Vikings
    Arnold EbiketieEDGE, Penn State
    Jake FergusonTE, Wisconsin
    Ed IngramIOL, LSU

Work that defense...

dean is going top 15-20. if not, then this outcome above would be sweet!

Quote: @"Vikeking2" said:
That's my thought too, but maybe his size drops him? 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"Vikeking2" said:
That's my thought too, but maybe his size drops him? 
Shit, id be fine with him at 12 or little trade back in to teens. unless one of top 2-3 DBs is there. or if we somehow trade Kirk and target top QB in draft (whoever that is)

id like a leader on D going forward.

we have good young Offensive players but lack youth on D. 

well, i mean “star” youth on D. some decent younger guys could show out with new D scheme and less of a cranky old red faced coaching approach. 

January 20, 2022 at 1:16 PM EST
Why isn't Georgia LB Nakobe Dean higher on draft boards?I feel like I am missing something on Nakobe Dean. Watching him in the CFP, he looked like he was on a different level. Why does he not get a higher spot on most boards? — Benny F.

His play speed and ability to key/read/flow are outstanding. But he is also very undersized and maxed out, and that just won’t fit for several schemes. The lack of size leaves him sticking to blocks and getting lost in a crowd. But his ability in space is awesome, plus the football smarts and intangibles are off the charts. Devin Bush was 5-11 and 229 pounds and went 10th overall. Dean could go that high, but I don’t think he’ll have the same testing numbers as Bush.

We could be in the sweet spot for Dean in the 2nd. A lot will depend on the HC and DC.

How is the tight end crop this year?I've heard a lot about this year's group of tight ends. If i'm not much mistaken you only have one going in the first 63 picks. Do you think once a few start disappearing there will be a rush to trade up, or do you see the position not being as important as others? — Mark R.

What this tight end class lacks in star value, it makes up for with overall depth. I think Trey McBride, Jeremy Ruckert, Jalen Wydermyer and maybe one more tight end goes day 2. And then there will be a rush on the tight ends early day 3. Guys like Charlie Kolar, Jake Ferguson and a half-dozen more. I’m sure teams will have their “favorites” at the position, so a few trade-ups wouldn’t be too surprising.
[Image: ta_avatar.png]
Dane Brugler·Staff Writer, NFL Draft

Who could provide pass rush help to the Jets?Regarding the Jets, is there a sleeper DE out there who you can see cracking the top 10 or possibly being an option later in round 1 if the Jets trade down? — Michael K.

David Ojabo and Travon Walker are the two defensive end/pass rushers (aside from Kayvon Thibodeaux and Aidan Hutchinson) with a shot to go top-10. Florida State’s Jermaine Johnson is another player to keep an eye in a trade down scenario. Long, athletic player who can rush and play the run. Dominated the ACC this year.

Hi Dane, love the insight and very excited for draft season! To the best of your recollection is this the worst QB class in recent times? Additionally, what player regardless of position would you bet on in this class to be a future all pro consistently? — Anthony F.

I’ve been scouting players for about 15 years now, and the worst QB class during that time was easily 2013. EJ Manuel was rated a fourth-round pick, but because the Bills took him first round, he’ll always go down as a first-round bust, even though it’s not his fault a team over reached. Three other quarterbacks went top-100 that year: Geno Smith, Mike Glennon and Matt Barkley. Yuck.

Your second question, I don’t know if this class has a player who will be a consistent All-Pro. Those guys are rare, and we just don’t have any no-brainers this year like Chase Young or Myles Garrett. If I had to bet on someone, it would probably be Tyler Linderbaum at center because I could see him becoming a top-three center in the NFL.