Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about OC/DC candidates?
So we know most of the candidates for HC, but what are some hot names for OC/DC? Seems like many successful HC's tend to surround themselves with good coordinators/coaches that amplify their success.

These are going to be super important hires for this team. If we go Offense for HC, who would he bring in to run the defense, and vice versa? I'm just curious to see who is associated with these candidates.

I think we need to wait until the OC and DC candidates from the teams that win in the playoffs are available.  Mike Zimmer came from the one and done Bengals and his big game record with the Vikings in general reflects that mindset.  Except for a miracle play and an overtime push off the Vikings under Zimmer have not been prepared for big games and rarely throttle winning teams.

Our gameplans and players get exposed in pressure situations and big games. maybe it is because the coaches are not ready and have a choking mindset.  This was a pattern and I want a head coach that knows how to prepare a team to win against the best teams and in the playoffs. 

Probably need to wait until the HC is hired.  Makes a big difference if the HC is calling the plays.  Often they bring along people they know and have worked with.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Probably need to wait until the HC is hired.  Makes a big difference if the HC is calling the plays.  Often they bring along people they know and have worked with.
Agreed, although I really hope Patterson is still able to be DC or a big part of the defense. Klint might as well pack his bags already

Quote: @"greediron" said:
You're probably right, but I'm sure many of these guys already have individuals lined up should they get an offer. I'm just wondering who the next up and coming OC's/DC's could be and which candidates they may be associated with.

I always assumed they came with the HC in most cases,  they are after all considered his staff.

The #Panthers are interviewing former Washington HC Jay Gruden for their vacant OC job today, sources say. This is in-person, his second time interviewing with coach Matt Rhule. Gruden has been OC with the #Bengals and most recently with the #Jaguars.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
The #Panthers are interviewing former Washington HC Jay Gruden for their vacant OC job today, sources say. This is in-person, his second time interviewing with coach Matt Rhule. Gruden has been OC with the #Bengals and most recently with the #Jaguars.
So I take it you're not with the crowd that wants to bring in Marvin Lewis as HC, Gruden as OC and bring back Zim as DC?

Playoffs every year!!!!!! Just not past the first round.

We probably have to wait and see of the head coach has a kid that's looking for work.

Quote: @"wiviking" said:
We probably have to wait and see of the head coach has a kid that's looking for work.
So that's why we hire the candidate without the kids