Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cart Before The Horse?
Doug Pederson is scheduling interview with Bears and will end up interviewing with the Vikings and Broncos as well. Already met with Jacksonville

Sensible speculation? Throwing shit at the wall?

Yeah, probably sensible speculation here. I hope he's right in this case. 

I'd be thrilled with Shaw, Pederson, Moore, and even Harbaugh (not likely). Nobody else registers real high on the excitement meter 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I'd be thrilled with Shaw, Pederson, Moore, and even Harbaugh (not likely). Nobody else registers real high on the excitement meter 
I don't want a college guy although Shaw is impressive he hasn't been in the NFL since 2006...I think.  

Moore is just so darn young and I would like to see more...pun intended.  

I am not a Harbaugh fan, although I like his brother much more.

I am warming up to Pederson and he looks like the hot item right now.  What he was able to do to get the Eagles a ring with a backup QB is very impressive.  I know, Frank Reich, was a big part of that but Perderson was in charge and hired the right people in the right places.  I live close to the Philly market (more Eagles fans in my area than any other team) and Pederson really butted heads with the Eagles front office towards the end.  I didn't pay much attention because I hate the Eagles (Packers, Cowboys, then Eagles) but I think Pederson was handicapped with control coming from above and a lot of politics.

That all said, he fits the bill for me - ex-QB (backup Favre for many years) and offensive minded/pedigree and what his team did to us and then beating the Pats should not be downplayed.  Pretty sure Zimmer even said he was outcoached after that debacle that I attended Smile.

I also want to look closer at Daboll from the Bills.  Again offensive pedigree with great production.  Obviously, Josh Allen has been developed perfectly and although the Bills don't look like the offensive powerhouse they did last yearI looked up stats and the Bill's offense has scored a lot of TD's....top 5 I think?  I looked it up but too lazy to look up again.  Anyway, Daboll's offenses produce TD's.  Kellen Moore and the Boy's were first in TD's scored. 

Lastly, I would think we would be interviewing GM's before HC's???   

Quote: @minny65 said:
@supafreak84 said:
Unless the plan is to promote from within (Brzezinski?), make the GM more of a business/culture figurehead, and hire a coach capable of making the personnel decisions in free agency and the draft. 

Moore or Hackett would be the high risk/high reward picks. All depends on how they could attract and maintain a staff and what their management/game philosophy is outside of their known expertise. Would definitely help if they brought in assistants that had some proven success.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@supafreak84 said:
Unless the plan is to promote from within (Brzezinski?), make the GM more of a business/culture figurehead, and hire a coach capable of making the personnel decisions in free agency and the draft. 
God, i hope not.  if they want to give Brez more of a role, make him president of football operations or whatever,  they still need somebody in charge of scouting and working the draft.  is there any GM/HC that does both jobs worth a shit?  Belicheat is arguably the best HC,  but as a GM he sucks when it comes to drafting,  not that he doesnt end up getting decent results from what he has,  but he could do so much more with better players couldnt he?

Please hire a quality front office type GM guy.  somebody that takes what the HC give him for player types and then makes that happen... for both sides of the ball.

besides if its the same person,  who gets blamed when the HC sucks,  or the GM sucks,  does he get to fire himself to save his job?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@supafreak84 said:
This point of view really surprises me coming from you. There doesn’t seem to be many teams that do well with that arrangement. There are exceptions, of course, but there are not many people who are capable of doing all of those things. Especially as a new HC candidate.  

Quote: @BStads said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@supafreak84 said:
This point of view really surprises me coming from you. There doesn’t seem to be many teams that do well with that arrangement. There are exceptions, of course, but there are not many people who are capable of doing all of those things. Especially as a new HC candidate.  
I didn't express a point of view. What is MY opinion? I care less about the reporting structure and more about the people the Vikings choose.

The Vikings just fired one of the best GMs in the NFL. I'm not hugely confident that they're going to hit on the right GM/HC mix on their first at bat. 

One advantage the new leadership will have is that they will be getting a far more talented roster than most new regimes get.