Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Neill comments

Sounds like Zimmer's "Tough Love" approach had worn thin on several players starting to come forward. 

I love the reaching question and formulating a narrative based on them.

Pretty generic comment.

Eric Kendricks:

"I don't think a fear-based organization is the way to go"

Ruh roh.  Not so generic, pretty much gives the impression Zim wasn't a very likeable guy, and not very positive.   Between the Mond comments, the revolving door at OC, I think it paints a pretty clear picture of the culture in the lockerroom.

everyone is always happier when your winning

Mark Wilf kept emphasizing the importance of communication and collaboration today. Obviously those things are important but there is a reason for emphasis.

I don't think Belichick is walking down the hall showering everyone with pleasantries and none of his players say boo about him.  Maybe that is the difference between teams that win and those that don't, the players take responsibility for their play on the field and are intrinsically motivated to be the best they can be instead of wanting to be babied and having everything given to them like they have been accustomed to most of their lives.  You can see that this team plays with little energy and their is no leadership, some of these comments make me think a lot of this is on the players.  

Quote: @"JR44" said:
I don't think Belichick is walking down the hall showering everyone with pleasantries and none of his players say boo about him.  Maybe that is the difference between teams that win and those that don't, the players take responsibility for their play on the field and are intrinsically motivated to be the best they can be instead of wanting to be babied and having everything given to them like they have been accustomed to most of their lives.  You can see that this team plays with little energy and their is no leadership, some of these comments make me think a lot of this is on the players.  
I think it is on both.  Everyone can become grating when things go wrong for too long.  Bill has won repeatedly (albeit in his 3rd try as HC) so he can just move on from players that don't buy in.

Bill Belichick is a good dude and well liked by most people in his building. He’s just gruff with outsiders. He has a reputation as being a mean task master, but every behind the scenes video I’ve seen the guy is great. He’s not loud, but personable. Anyone of the guys on the Vikings would have played their hearts out for Bill. 
The players were not the problem in this organization and it should be obvious after today.