Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its interesting with Cousins.....
Diggs wasn't a fan. Thielen got in his face on the sidelines. And Now JJ on their relationship below:

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status...5772067840

Same with Z saying he needs to pull the trigger more. Interesting.

I bet Kirk is a guy who is weird as shit and probably doesn't hang out with a lot of teammates in his free time. He has thrown for 30 TD's 3/4 years as a Viking so that certainly benefits JJ, Thielen, and crew so they let it slide. I'm good with however front office wants to handle him in the offseason so long as they make the right decision for HC (Kellen Moore).

You give KC time and he'll usually pick a D apart...

This OL is still under league avg imo and the D did nobody on offense any favors this year. A complete s hit show on that side of the ball. 

Heresy for a Viking branded team. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

This OL is still under league avg imo and the D did nobody on offense any favors this year. A complete s hit show on that side of the ball. 

If you give him time he can be good and move the offense but pick apart a defense, not so sure.  On more than one occasion he will focus in on a receiver when he may have another one more wide open.  It just seems he has a difficult time scanning the entire field for the best option.

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

If you give him time he can be good and move the offense but pick apart a defense, not so sure.  On more than one occasion he will focus in on a receiver when he may have another one more wide open.  It just seems he has a difficult time scanning the entire field for the best option.
Top Defensive Passing Teams and how Kirk did:

Panthers #2 at 183.9 YPG - Kirk went for 373 yards 3 TDs 0 INTS
Bears #3 at 191.6 YPG - Kirk went for 87 yards 2 TDs 1 INT and 250 yards 3 TD and 0 INTS
Browns #5 at 202.3 YPG - Kirk went for 203 yards 1 TD and 1 INT
49ers #6 at 206.8 YPG - Kirk went for 238 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT
Cardinals #7 at 213.5 YPG - Kirk went for 244 yards 3 TDs and 0 INTS

A couple of tough games listed but also 3 elite games and another solid game. He can pick apart defenses, especially when Kubiak isn't running FB fade routes and TE screens to Conklin

Meh Jefferson is being a good teammate. Need to shore up the OL and get a good offensive coordinator. We'll see who is quarterback next year.

As a lot of people have said, his money is definitely part of the Kirk equation. Is he worth it, is he not?

I think Zimmer didn’t like Kirk because of the money he makes. Which in his mind takes away from Zimmer’s defense. But, Zimmer has a way of alienating players and then can’t get past it.

I’m good with keeping Kirk, but as a fan I think he needs to take less for the good of the team. However, if I were Kirk, I know I could have my career end with one play. So, I guess you have to let the organization figure all that stuff out.

What would JJ’s attitude be like if he had a gut like Mannion at QB for a season? We’ve had shitty QB’s in the past. Seems when Chilly was here, the only good season he had at QB was ‘09. Frazier was stuck with Ponder. Imagine that guy throwing to JJ!

I love Jefferson, I hope the individual records don’t mean as much as the team record does. I like Kirk, I wish he was willing to take less to have more as a team.

Still not convinced KC is the problem vs something you can win with....Agree with others, he's gotta be open to a team friendlier contract. We gotta get better on the D side of the ball and IOL too. 

[Image: FIiTbhLWUAkV9ih?format=jpg&name=medium]

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

Still not convinced KC is the problem vs something you can win with....Agree with others, he's gotta be open to a team friendlier contract. We gotta get better on the D side of the ball and IOL too. 

[Image: FIiTbhLWUAkV9ih?format=jpg&name=medium]
2021: 4,221 yards at 33 TDs 7 INTs after today

I think Cousins will always be the QB who rubs a lot of players and fans the wrong way...and then routinely goes out and throws 3 TDs, 0 picks, and 300 yards.

Also think that if he got the time some QBs get, you would need a pinball machine to keep score. Just bad timing I guess. Vikings finally rebuilt the line, but it's the youngest line in the NFL. They had one "sorta" miss, but it's probably just a year or two from being very good. 

It will be interesting to see if Cousins is the one who gets to benefit from that or someone else.