Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason La Canfora- Zimmer Out

I don't know how much to trust Jason Lackin' Foresight, but so far so good. I have two priorities: 1. Keep Spielman. 2. Fire Zimmer. In that order. After that, breakdown of responsibility, what to do with Cousins, etc., are secondary and nowhere near as important as those two critical decisions. 

16 years of Rick's mediocrity continues...

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Rick hasn't done that bad, some insightful coaching might actually prove it 

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
@"comet52" said:
You mean Rick needs insightful coaching to do better?

GM's in his position don't stay there for as long as he has without producing a title.  Our ownership group clearly doesn't value chasing a title the way they claim, what they really value is keeping their pals employed.  Which is fine I guess, but it does nothing for me as a fan.

Hoping this is the way it goes:

Zimmer out,
Spelly stays as GM (w/ caveat) or maybe promoted on paper to Elway title and give Colts-Dobbs the GM title.  I can live with either of those scenarios and basically what I was hoping for the last few years.

Caveat from the Wilf's is for Spelly to find a trade partner for Cousin's even if we take a little hit money or in exchange wise.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:

Zimmer out,
Spelly stays as GM (w/ caveat) or maybe promoted on paper to Elway title and give Colts-Dobbs the GM title.  I can live with either of those scenarios and basically what I was hoping for the last few years.

Caveat from the Wilf's is for Spelly to find a trade partner for Cousin's even if we take a little hit money or in exchange wise.  
Like 80% of our fans want Kirk gone. The idea that some other team is going to give us a king’s ransom for him is pipe. Vikes will have to eat most of the money and settle for a mid round pick at best. And I’d still do that deal. 

Disclaimer: Purely from an impatient fan standpoint.

Here is how I would do it. 
1. Make a decision about Spielman (ideally he gives up GM responsibility either through firing or re assignment )
2. Hire a new GM. Let him decide on Zim and other coaches.

That not only shows he runs the show but also creates a separation between him and Spielman (if Spielman is still part of the org).

Of course to do this, they would have had a GM in mind and move quick

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"minny65" said:

Zimmer out,

Like 80% of our fans want Kirk gone. The idea that some other team is going to give us a king’s ransom for him is pipe. Vikes will have to eat most of the money and settle for a mid round pick at best. And I’d still do that deal. 
Really 80%!!  I am not local nor read anything other than this blog and from what I watch.  I am going to do a poll about Cousins for this site which I obviously respect as non-over reactionary fan base who follow the team closely most for decades like me.  

My take, from reading this site, is that it might be about 50/50 split on Cousins with maybe a lean towards keeping him/extension.  

I did a similar poll on Spelly about 3 weeks ago and it was a 50/50 split on keeping him with 18 total votes....FYI.  

Back to Cousin's,  I agree we are not going to get a King's ransom but I am not for trading him and getting fleeced either.  Ideally, I want to move on from him.  He is due $45 million from us so I would start the trade discussions with us absorbing around 15 million to start.  That way, potential partners would be looking at getting a Top 9-12 (IMO, not stats based) veteran QB from a team that thinks it's close (like we did 4 years ago).  They would be on the hook for other $30 million which would be a very reasonable number for Cousin's.  Then I would want a decent hold-the-fort QB from that team and maybe a late 1 and a 3.  

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"1VikesFan" said:
@"comet52" said:
You mean Rick needs insightful coaching to do better?

GM's in his position don't stay there for as long as he has without producing a title.  Our ownership group clearly doesn't value chasing a title the way they claim, what they really value is keeping their pals employed.  Which is fine I guess, but it does nothing for me as a fan.
No, Rick needs coaching that can produce with the talent provided. Zimmer sucks