Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Coleman retiring from Vikings Radio Network

Enjoy your retirement Coleman.

Now if only Paul Allen would follow him out the door...

I remember as a kid it was Colemans coffin corner punts that got me interested in kicking.  I have always enjoyed his parts of the broadcasts and other interviews.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I remember as a kid it was Colemans coffin corner punts that got me interested in kicking.  I have always enjoyed his parts of the broadcasts and other interviews.
Nothing against the dude, but I couldn't stand listening to those sermons on the radio...Ickie poo poo

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Nothing against the dude, but I couldn't stand listening to those sermons on the radio...Ickie poo poo

lol, you sound old and very Midwestern here PF!  =)

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Lots of states claim to be "mid western"  why do we never hear anybody talk about the middle eastern states?  I also have heard Minnesota as mid western which makes no sense as it is about a central as it gets in the US.   Silly things we say I guess.

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Lots of states claim to be "mid western"  why do we never hear anybody talk about the middle eastern states?  I also have heard Minnesota as mid western which makes no sense as it is about a central as it gets in the US.   Silly things we say I guess.
It comes from the Northwest Ordinance in 1787. At the time, it was considered "The West" relative to the existing states. Once America moved further westward, "The West" became "The Midwest" and what we now consider "The West" became "The West".

Northwestern University got its name from the Northwest Ordinance. At the time it was founded, it was in the Northwestern United States.

[Image: Northwest-territory-usa-1787.png]

Many of the "silly things" we say that don't make sense today are rooted in history.

@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

? Not sure I follow?

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

? Not sure I follow?

The origin and application of the term mid west state,  and if there's a mid west why not mid east states?  Somewhat explained already by kenny.

@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

? Not sure I follow?

The origin and application of the term mid west state,  and if there's a mid west why not mid east states?  Somewhat explained already by kenny.
Or north central since there is a northeast and northwest.