Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should they trade Hunter?

Interesting thought. I don't think I'd do it because we know what this defense is without him. However the Jets do have two top ten picks this year (currently 4 and 7). If they offered say #7, a 4th, and a conditional 3rd next year...would that get it done?

I think another thing that would kill this is its such a pass rusher heavy draft. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Interesting thought. I don't think I'd do it because we know what this defense is without him. However the Jets do have two top ten picks this year (currently 4 and 7). If they offered say #7, a 4th, and a conditional 3rd next year...would that get it done?

If I had a say-so on that...I'd pull the trigger really quick.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
There are some tough choices, but they have to free up money somehow. The question there is value due to health concerns. Hopefully all is well with him. I want him back but they can't keep everyone.

On the books for $26 million next year.

7 games out of the last 33.

But guys like Hunter don't grow on trees. Going to be a tricky contract, but there's a lot of tread left on that tire. I have to think Hunter is a big reason why a HC takes this job.

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
On the books for $26 million next year.

7 games out of the last 33.

But guys like Hunter don't grow on trees. Going to be a tricky contract, but there's a lot of tread left on that tire. I have to think Hunter is a big reason why a HC takes this job.
Plus, I think those injuries were fluky. He seemed to bounce back quite nicely from the neck injury, and the pec is just one of those muscle issues. 

This looks like another speculation trade situation.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
This looks like another speculation trade situation.
Absolutely but it's something to think about, if there is a good option of course.

Without Griff and Hunter our DL under preformed.  HOWEVER, the guys in there looked serviceable.  We need splash players that can contribute for years.
So a non QB top 10 player you're looking at what?  50/50 they turn into decent starters?  Do you try to coach up the next Hunter with our guys and take the lower salary of a young gun? 

Maybe.....its the injuries that has me leaning towards doing the deal.  But if you're pretty confident Hunter comes back like his old self then he's the center piece of our defense.  One that desperately needs play makers.