Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from 2019
Happy New Year Everyone,

Looks like the last time I posted here was in March of 2019.  I used to be a frequent poster but fell off the map after the 2019 season.  Anyway, I'm back.  

I'm trying to see some positivity from what surmounts to a waste of an NFL season.  I've been a Viking fan since 1969.  I was seven years old.  I've been disappointed many times over those years, but I think this year may be the worst.  I'm so used to the mediocrity from this team that it no longer excites me.  I love Mike Zimmer, but the game has passed him by.  I was always 50/50 on Spielman but in recent years, his drafting has left me wondering what on earth he's doing.  Sure there are some good picks, but I see other teams getting rich because they are choosing players that contribute AND develop at the same time.

Anyway, it's time to blow this thing up.  Spielman - Gone.  Zimmer - Gone.  Cousins - Gone unless he takes a big pay cut.  We need new blood.  I'd rather be 3-13 with lesser talent than 7-9 with lots of talent.  

Happy New Year's everyone....

The original JBrowner47

Quote: @lakeerievike said:
Happy New Year Everyone,

Looks like the last time I posted here was in March of 2019.  I used to be a frequent poster but fell off the map after the 2019 season.  Anyway, I'm back.  

I'm trying to see some positivity from what surmounts to a waste of an NFL season.  I've been a Viking fan since 1969.  I was seven years old.  I've been disappointed many times over those years, but I think this year may be the worst.  I'm so used to the mediocrity from this team that it no longer excites me.  I love Mike Zimmer, but the game has passed him by.  I was always 50/50 on Spielman but in recent years, his drafting has left me wondering what on earth he's doing.  Sure there are some good picks, but I see other teams getting rich because they are choosing players that contribute AND develop at the same time.

Anyway, it's time to blow this thing up.  Spielman - Gone.  Zimmer - Gone.  Cousins - Gone unless he takes a big pay cut.  We need new blood.  I'd rather be 3-13 with lesser talent than 7-9 with lots of talent.  

The original JBrowner47
Typical bandwagon fan, reappearing when everything is great!

Hang in there and keep the chin up, the Vikings offer darker days ahead Smile

Quote: @lakeerievike said:
Happy New Year Everyone,

The original JBrowner47
wassup JBrowner. good to see ya.  Is that a pic of Triumph the insult dog?  Say yes I need a laugh. 

Welcome back. Perhaps something to potentially look forward to is a big last game from Justin Jefferson, earning him first team All Pro with Kupp. I bet the voters are leaning with Devante, but over 100 yards and a couple of TDs should give Justin the nod.

Hey Pat, welcome back. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@lakeerievike said:
Happy New Year Everyone,

The original JBrowner47
wassup JBrowner. good to see ya.  Is that a pic of Triumph the insult dog?  Say yes I need a laugh. 
LOL....no sorry.  She was my baby.  I lost her last year to osteosarcoma.  She was only 7 years old.  Best dog I ever had.  

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
Welcome back. Perhaps something to potentially look forward to is a big last game from Justin Jefferson, earning him first team All Pro with Kupp. I bet the voters are leaning with Devante, but over 100 yards and a couple of TDs should give Justin the nod.
With nothing on the line,  Jefferson shouldnt see the field unless he has a financial reason to play.  This needs to be treated like a 4th preseason game,  anybody that is instrumental to the team going forward,  or players they may want to trade or cut this offseason for cap reasons,  shouldnt even be suiting up IMO.  why risk an injury that could linger into next season for the ones we want to keep,  and why risk an injury that would prevent the team from moving off a player with guaranteed money still coming to them.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
With nothing on the line,  Jefferson shouldnt see the field unless he has a financial reason to play.  This needs to be treated like a 4th preseason game,  anybody that is instrumental to the team going forward,  or players they may want to trade or cut this offseason for cap reasons,  shouldnt even be suiting up IMO.  why risk an injury that could linger into next season for the ones we want to keep,  and why risk an injury that would prevent the team from moving off a player with guaranteed money still coming to them.
I dont disagree with you but you know how Zimmer and his teams operate. If Kirk is cleared you know he's playing too...Zimmer will try to prove he's our coach of the future and will play the best players and we will all shake our heads.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
I dont disagree with you but you know how Zimmer and his teams operate. If Kirk is cleared you know he's playing too...Zimmer will try to prove he's our coach of the future and will play the best players and we will all shake our heads.
If Zimmer is still calling the shots my head might explode.