Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still At #12

I'll assume the Chiefs beat the Broncos and the Falcon win at home vs the Saints. Loss to the Bears at best puts us at #11.

New regime gets a pick just outside the top 10, lots of young talent to work with.

At the moment, give me Greg Roman based upon his work with Snoop Huntley and Josh Johnson. I think that is going to turn a lot of heads.

Daboll is second choice. He probably brings Trubisky with him, assuming we move on from Cousins (which is probably a huge mistake, but a possible scenario)

Move Cousins for a deal similar to what the Eagles got but a bit richer.

Trubisky and Mond puts us solidly in the 3 win territory which so many are dying for. Knowing this franchise, just outside the Stroud/Young territory.

It should a very good opportunity for candidates for the reasons you mention. The Wilfs don't fire quickly and they give a lot of leeway and hands-off ownership. Great fans, stadium and corporate/training facilities. Great Midwest city in Minneapolis/St. Paul. I don't think Cousins is going anywhere next year and for a new HC, that will be a favorable thing. But this will be the Draft where a new HC will insist on his QB of the future and its set up perfectly for letting a kid sit for a year. Vikings will either pick #11 or #12. 

I don't know, call me nuts but it seems like a pretty damn good gig for a new regime coming in. 

[Image: dont-know-idk.gif]

Just wait til they run Rick (and possibly Zim from what I hear) back and take a corner who goes bust with that pick.  

I guess 11 aint so bad....Would have netted us Slater or Fields this past draft. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I guess 11 aint so bad....Would have netted us Slater or Fields this past draft. 
In hindsight, 2021 was the year to get a QB, and 2022 the year to get an OT. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
It should a very good opportunity for candidates for the reasons you mention. The Wilfs don't fire quickly and they give a lot of leeway and hands-off ownership. Great fans, stadium and corporate/training facilities. Great Midwest city in Minneapolis/St. Paul. I don't think Cousins is going anywhere next year and for a new HC, that will be a favorable thing. But this will be the Draft where a new HC will insist on his QB of the future and its set up perfectly for letting a kid sit for a year. Vikings will either pick #11 or #12. 

I don't know, call me nuts but it seems like a pretty damn good gig for a new regime coming in. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:

How do you keep Cousins without resigning him to a new deal with a lower cap number for 2022? How much leverage does Cousins have to force a Coaching change? With his guaranteed deal and $45 Million Cap Hit, he could dig in his heels until he gets his way. If I'm him, no way I want to play for Zimmer or Kubiak in 2022. 

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@purplefaithful said:
Thats the Viking way...

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@purplefaithful said:
Maybe in hindsight for the Vikings, but every draft analyst last year knew that 2021 was the year to get a QB and that 2022 was going to be a weak class, which is why it was important to get a QB last year and probably why Zimmer looked so pissed in the draft room.  

Damn...we didn't move up at all? That blows...

Your QB and OT comment is spot on. But I would be pretty shocked if the Vikings draft anything but edge or corner. It's a good year for both though.