Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigh

....says the guy that went to a private Catholic high school in St. Paul. And then Harvard. Very in touch with the pulse of today's public schools.

[Image: eye-roll-ugh.gif]

He wants to simplify something that is complicated while stigmatizing it at the same time.

Hate it when people have opinions

Quote: @"greediron" said:
We all have them, some better than others. I guess we aren't supposed to disagree? 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"greediron" said:
We all have them, some better than others. I guess we aren't supposed to disagree? 

No, we disagree quite agreeably.  

Really miss Birk, a great center and a class guy.

Over 4,000 religions in the world....

But mine is the right one.

Having taught for a long time, I can tell you how critical it is to keep religion, politics, and gender identification out of the classroom. 

Perhaps the focus should be critical thinking, problem solving and reasoning

I grew up in Mpls, started school there over 50 years ago and don't remember any religion being taught at all, unless "under god" in the pledge of allegiance counts.   Matt Birk is peddling baloney.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Over 4,000 religions in the world....

But mine is the right one.

Having taught for a long time, I can tell you how critical it is to keep religion, politics, and gender identification out of the classroom. 

Perhaps the focus should be critical thinking, problem solving and reasoning
Amen.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I grew up in Mpls, started school there over 50 years ago and don't remember any religion being taught at all, unless "under god" in the pledge of allegiance counts.   Matt Birk is peddling baloney.
I agree; Matt should come forward and explain when religion was first introduced into public education.  Then, he should read the Constitution.