Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'll lose players like Jefferson without a regime change
You can feel it. Vikings need to change the HC and ideally the GM also and take the team in a new direction. Or you will lose the young players who care about winning. New ideas and new strategy is required. The air needs to be changed in Eagan. When the team loses to Green Bay, the few remaining who are not on board with this will be. 

Both Zimmer and Spielman have to look in the mirror now and think we had our chance, time to move on. 

I'm thinking Vikings at Pack is going to look like WFT at Cowboys last night. 

We lost Percy Harvin and Diggs because of offensive complacency, JJ could be next. If we lose JJ, with Thielan another year older, our WR corps could take a serius hit. 

Frankly, I think one of the most important factors that the Wilfs will look at is the fan base engagement.  From what I hear, the stadium was not electric on Sunday -- were there a lot of Rams fans there (not buying Viking souvenir?)  You look at this board and its lack of overall engagement.  I am sure the Wilfs have all that data -- souvenir sales, dau on vikings.com, etc.  and I am sure the numbers are dismal.  Time to move on and bring some excitement back to the team.

As I posted earlier this year, this not a very lovable team.  Now, with players getting frustrated, it is less lovable.  Fears of losing stars is a bad sign.

Short of Red McCombs requiring the team, Jefferson is going no where. C'mon.[Image: c63071ktk0c5.gif]

How far away is this team though? Dallas was awful past year and a couple tweaks, a good draft, and getting key players healthy...and bam. We've always been at least competitive under Zimmer. I'm for the change at this point, but bringing in a completely new regime takes time to build. I just wonder if you gave Zim and Spielman one more season if they could right the ship. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
How far away is this team though? Dallas was awful past year and a couple tweaks, a good draft, and getting key players healthy...and bam. We've always been at least competitive under Zimmer. I'm for the change at this point, but bringing in a completely new regime takes time to build. I just wonder if you gave Zim and Spielman one more season if they could right the ship. 
To me its the lack of energy on the sidelines. The lack of adjustments. The lack of doing what working and not doing whats not. 

Ive been a Zimmer fan for a long time, but even Im done. 

I don't think it's regime change, but lack of winning.  I think if you bring in a different coach, but we keep losing, those players are still going to want out, but maybe you bought one extra year of their attention.  I think you get maybe 2 years of a young players attention, and around year 3 they start to realise how short their career is actually going to be, and then at some point they'll realize that almost every team sucks unless they have an elite QB.

Better yet, how do you fix it? Cousins and his contract always becomes a sticky situation. We will be up against the cap again and some hard decisions will need to be made. I'm assuming Barr won't be back. I'll fall into the trap once again in looking forward to Irv Smith coming back. Biggest needs next season;

1. Cornerback
2. Right guard 
3. Center
4. Quarterback?

I don't know. I dont think we are terribly far away from being division favorites again, especially with the impending departure of Aaron Rodgers. Kirk Cousins could easily be the best QB in the division next season. It's not improbable to think with a couple tweaks and a good off-season that we could win 12 or 13 games next season.

I'm really on the fence about tearing this whole thing down and starting over