Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Mac Jones Solidify His Gold Jacket Today?
[Image: oza5v94j88ab.jpeg]

Kinda looks like he shit the bed today with the division crown on the line.

[Image: lt0oabnni4w5.gif]

Playing for a division crown… must be nice.

Jones played bad but he’s a rookie. What are Stafford and Cousins’ excuse?

Quote: @pattersaur said:

With the Pats D we are 12-3 at worst. 

Rams are in first place in the NFC West. What's our point?

Quote: @JustinTime18™ said:
@pattersaur said:

?

Point is he’s a rookie. He’s gonna have bad games. Kirk and Stafford also had bad games yesterday. Josh Allen was good yesterday and terrible a few weeks ago. Same for Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. What’s the point of piling on Mac who is again, a rookie?

@JustinTime18™ said:
@pattersaur said:

?

Point is he’s a rookie. He’s gonna have bad games. Kirk and Stafford also had bad games yesterday. Josh Allen was good yesterday and terrible a few weeks ago. Same for Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. What’s the point of piling on Mac who is again, a rookie?
Have you somehow missed all the posts about "we should have drafted Jones"

He looked like early season Mac Jones yesterday, the guy I watched get smoked by New Orleans. 

I get the hype while they were on a roll for a while but I think his ceiling is ultimately mid-tier like Kirk, Stafford, Tannehill--a game manager who can make plays but not in the elite, carry the team and maybe go to the HOF category.

Quote: @comet52 said:
He looked like early season Mac Jones yesterday, the guy I watched get smoked by New Orleans. 

I get the hype while they were on a roll for a while but I think his ceiling is ultimately mid-tier like Kirk, Stafford, Tannehill--a game manager who can make plays but not in the elite, carry the team and maybe go to the HOF category.
Completely agree. But that on a rookie deal is valuable. 

When your team sucks some fans like to look around and attempt to justify their past post and opinions.

I thought Mac Jones was a late first, early second round QB and I would not have drafted him as we didn't.  But he has been the best rookie QB by far.  No idea his ceiling just like all the rest.  For now, and even knowing that he went to the best situation I would say I was wrong on him so far.

I loved Zack Wilson - he has looked bad overall.  Again, really shitty situation and too early - but I would say I am wrong on him so far.

I would have made an aggressive move up for Fields and said so at the time but when we didn't I was thrilled with getting Darrisaw, Wyatt, Mond for 14th.  

Other threads I have seen the last few weeks focus some fans attention away from our own disaster - deflection 

Crown Mac Jones
Stefanski is not a good HC
Paton is not a good GM

I guess those come from fans that did not want Jones, Sefanski or Paton and want to validate those opinions?  All three of those could have been on the Vikings and we might have been better off with them then Cousin's,Zimmer,Spelly????

I am not rooting for or against any one of the above.

I am rooting for us to make the right choices on a new HC - yes I am against Zimmer for years.

I think Spelly stays, and I have no problem with that but that will bias the situation with Cousins as opposed to a new GM.  I would be fine with this Wilf decision.

I don't think Cousins is our answer.  He is just not good enough in hard times to win us a few big games.  I am for trying to trade Cousins and certainly not extend him for salary cap relief.  

@comet52 said:

Completely agree. But that on a rookie deal is valuable. 
preach