Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone answer the Dalton Risner question?
I don't understand why Risner is still dangling in the wind.  
Generally speaking the top three Offensive Linemen remaining in free agency are Risner (G), Andrus Peat (G/T) and Connor Williams (C/G), and depending on who is promoting their respective clickbait, I've seen Risner as the best OL available.
I've seen him listed as the top G available in FA. 
I know he is not perfect at both Run/Pass, but he was an improvement over Ezra Cleveland.
I don't see Blake Brandel as the answer to a position formerly staffed by Steve Hutchinson.

sounds like he is wanting a multi year deal,  and the Vikings are not wanting to commit to more than 1 year when they see themselves as big FA players next year when they can afford to pay for higher level talent.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
sounds like he is wanting a multi year deal,  and the Vikings are not wanting to commit to more than 1 year when they see themselves as big FA players next year when they can afford to pay for higher level talent.
He's not good enough for a team to commit to beyond a year. And Risner thinks he deserves a multi-year contract. 

If he signs a contract with a $3M AAV by 4/29, we get our 3rd round comp pick back.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
If he signs a contract with a $3M AAV by 4/29, we get our 3rd round comp pick back.
So there IS a timeframe? I keep hearing that it has to happen by the draft, but the 29th is a couple days after the draft. Do you know where that date comes from? 

I suspect he's just not as good as we think he is....or HE thinks he is. I don't think Brandel will be a huge step down. Probably a step up in the run game.   

I was hoping he was more than what we got last year...Just not a well rounded G. 

Just overpriced for what he is as a player.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Knucklehead" said:
So there IS a timeframe? I keep hearing that it has to happen by the draft, but the 29th is a couple days after the draft. Do you know where that date comes from? 

I don't know where the date comes from. I saw a tweet (an X?) w/ that date posted. I'm not on X, but the account that posted that date was Purple FTW Podcast.

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:

I did not think of that.