Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite coaches rant - Knowing Burns holds the number one spot
Just  curious as to everyones favorite coaches rant... granted there are probably many Im forgetting but off the top of my head...

McKay's was the best of all time - IMO.  Not even close.  

McKay, for sure =) =) =)

Quote: @"minny65" said:
This. Denny Green's is a far second on your list, but he was good and pissed.

I was at a loss on McKay....The guy had a million responses, and each one a classic.

”We didnt tackle well today....but we made up for ir by not blocking”

”If a contest had 97 prizes, the 98th would be a trip to Green Bay”

Mora always had good ones too....””We couldnt do Diddly.....Poo” (rethinks saying “squat”)
Always liked his “playoffs” rant....He looks so ticked at the reporters like they are out of their mind..LOL

A couple of typos in the Original Post.....sorry, hopefully you get the idea....

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
@"minny65" said:
I was at a loss on McKay....The guy had a million responses, and each one a classic.

I think those are better than the others one in the poll.  McKay's wit is unmatched.  He probably could have done standup.  

@"Vanguard83" said:
@"minny65" said:

I think those are better than the others one in the poll.  McKay's wit is unmatched.  He probably could have done standup.  
He also said something about how the expansion Buccaneers were supposed to have 2.7 wins or something and he said something the the effect of:

”I understand the 2, but how do you get a .7 win?

“We’ve broken down the expansion teams and they’ve averaged winning 2.7 games their first year, which to me is rather difficult. I figured out the 2, but the .7 has got me wondering what the hell is going on.”

“We can’t win at home and we can’t win on the road,” he once said. “What we need is a neutral site.”

Or, when McKay cut kicker Bill Capece at the end of the 1983 season, the coach quipped, somewhat callously, “Capece is kaput.”

"Kickers are like horse manure. They're all over the place."

"Intensity is a lot of guys that run fast."

"Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as hell but can't play football worth a damn."

On his team's blocking strategy: "Hold when you're at home and don't hold when you're on the road."

"If you have everyone back from a team that lost 10 games, experience isn't too important."

On how coaching an expansion team is a religious experience: "You do a lot of praying, but most of the time the answer is 'no.'"

On the weaknesses of linebacker Hugh Green: '`He's not twins.''

On place kicker Pete Rajecki having a bad camp with the Bucs because McKay made him nervous: "I don't think he's got much of a future here, because I plan on going to all the games.''

OMG! McKay is priceless. I have never read these before and I’m weeping with laughter.