Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don’t need a gun. I got a Gink. Film

If Minnesota can somehow get a serviceable to decent DT in the Draft, that will help Flores big time. Not sure that will happen.

QBOTF at 11, DT at 23.  It could happen.

Last year  Flores showed he  can coach up a defense, the same way Zimmer did.

The difference being Zimmer had   Smith, Hunter, Griffin, Joseph, Barr, Rhodes, Waynes, Kendricks ....... 

In 2024 I don't see Flores having talent anywhere close to what Zimmer was working with.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
If Minnesota can somehow get a serviceable to decent DT in the Draft, that will help Flores big time. Not sure that will happen.
It sure is fun doing mock drafts where the Vikings take two DTs at 11 and 23. Murphy and Newton or Fiske. It's so damned tempting you start talking yourself into Sam Darnold.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
https://www.vikings.com/video/film-room-...van-ginkel
Thinking back to the season, one of our biggest holes on d were those quick hits to the outside. I watched it in person at the chargers game where they ate us alive.  
Excellent move to address this issue and the film shows it. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
It sure is fun doing mock drafts where the Vikings take two DTs at 11 and 23. Murphy and Newton or Fiske. It's so damned tempting you start talking yourself into Sam Darnold.

It would be very Viking for them to trade up at huge cost, get the QB they want, while Darnold goes full-on Case Keenum this year.
unlikely if it was any other team. For us, almost even odds.

Quote: @wiviking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

It would be very Viking for them to trade up at huge cost, get the QB they want, while Darnold goes full-on Case Keenum this year.
Well, wouldn't that be a good thing?

There are two things I'm convinced about: 1. Darnold plays the whole year regardless of the QB we draft. 2. He has the best year of his career. Yeah, I know that's not some big bold statement. With this surround, of course he will. But can he have a great year? The kind that leads to a big new contract? Doubtful, but it wouldn't surprise me too much. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@wiviking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

Well, wouldn't that be a good thing?

There are two things I'm convinced about: 1. Darnold plays the whole year regardless of the QB we draft. 2. He has the best year of his career. Yeah, I know that's not some big bold statement. With this surround, of course he will. But can he have a great year? The kind that leads to a big new contract? Doubtful, but it wouldn't surprise me too much. 

I don't see Darnold starting every game as a bad thing. The IOL is still suspect at best. Let Darnold take the beating this season. Use our Cap $ next off season to build up the IOL & then turn the new QB loose.
I'm figuring on us being big spenders in the FA market next off season, so no comp picks for us. But if Darnold signs with another team, his big new contract will figure into the formula.

Film Study: Van Ginkel's motor and KOC's motion

"Van Ginkel’s signing didn’t make too many headlines but he could turn out to be one of the biggest difference-making free agent additions off the offseason because of plays like this.

Oh, and plays like the next clip. "

https://www.purpleinsider.football/p/fil...-motor-and