Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just when I thought I had heard it all re: QB's

Wouldn't this blow-up the NFL?

Chargers draft JJM @ 5, reuniting the band from Michigan
Chargers trade Herbert to MN for 11 and 23

That idea has been floating around for some time. It's absolute GOLD for the Vikings, but too much potential egg on the face for Harbaugh. Imagine Herbert going to the Vikings and winning a Super Bowl, while JJM becomes the next Zach Wilson for the Chargers. Jim can call JJM the best QB in the draft all he wants, but even he's not stupid enough to take that risk. 

Btw, if it's for Herbert, I throw in the '25 1st too. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
That idea has been floating around for some time. It's absolute GOLD for the Vikings, but too much potential egg on the face for Harbaugh. Imagine Herbert going to the Vikings and winning a Super Bowl, while JJM becomes the next Zach Wilson for the Chargers. Jim can call JJM the best QB in the draft all he wants, but even he's not stupid enough to take that risk. 

Btw, if it's for Herbert, I throw in the '25 1st too. 

first thing I thought of was there goes the rook contract benefit...but yah, I would make the trade if I were the Vikings. And I agree, it would probably take a #1 in 25 too - would be a low one Wink

If Harbaugh is crazy enough to trade Herbert I'd send them a Browns/Watson haul and then some. But I doubt he is. I'm also not certain JJM will even be there at #5.
Trading for Herbert would be a dream come true, and therefore it won't happen lol.

Herbert to the Vikings can never happen. The dead cap hit on the Chargers would be astronomical through 2025. 

The dead cap hit for trading Herbert prior to June 1 is 105 million dollars this year.   I'd put this fantasy in the draft season idiocy bin, along with so many others.