Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT Southern Storms
Need everyone who does prayers to say some for Kentucky. Neighbor is a storm spotter guy.

We had ours almost two years ago that killed 23. He says ours is childsplay in comparison. 

Devastating storm, so very sad, prayers sent...

It is just unbelievable. All I can do right now is donate but hopefully everything is mobilized to get survivors anything they need. This is just heartbreaking.

I listened and followed last night on the scanners. It was surreal how much power the system had. At one point on the scanner they mentioned a single tornado that spotters had been following for nearly 200 miles. Prayers for all involved. 

Very sad indeed. 

I dont ever remember hearing about a single tornado traveling 200 miles before. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Very sad indeed. 

Makes sense that you wouldn't remember..  You were probably just a kid last time it happened. B)

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Very sad indeed. 

Makes sense that you wouldn't remember..  You were probably just a kid last time it happened. B)
Absolutley crazy. I hope that we as a nation can come together for the common good of thos folks affected. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Very sad indeed. 

Absolutley crazy. I hope that we as a nation can come together for the common good of thos folks affected. 
I would love for you to be right,  however I am more jaded now than ever before and highly doubt this will much more than a passing concern for many and will not even be a story in 2 weeks,  even though the losses and devastation will be felt in these communities for a generation. 

I pray for all affected by this disaster.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Very sad indeed. 

Not Likely for very long at all...maybe a week

Americans coming together when there is no common enemy to point at is not going to happen with todays division formed around healthcare. 
9/11 saw conspiracy theorist's rise from the ashes of social media to find like-minded fools who blamed our government.  

This situation will probably become a battle of global warming and we all know how that goes according to your news source.  

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Very sad indeed. 

We may have our seemingly un-bridgeable differences over important issues, but we tend to come together over events like these. I got family in Ky and thank goodness they're ok.