Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike, Matt, and Pete
Who else falls on black Monday?

One and done for Urban? 

Judge and Gettleman?

Fangio?

Might not be a ton of openings this year. Good year to have the pick of the litter.

What's a Wilf to do?

I’m shocked Urban has been as bad as he’s been. I figured there’d be bumps but it’s been a disaster. He’s given the Jags zero reason to keep him, other than the fact they’re paying him for 4 more years.

Fangio is a dinosaur, not surprised.

I think Joe Judge has been dealt a bad hand, like Shurmur before him, but that might not save him.

Nagy is also 100% gonezo. GM Pace should be out the door too but hopefully they keep him. 

EDIT- Just saw your title… you think Carroll for sure huh? That one would be interesting. He’s a good coach but like Arians moving from ARI to TB, might be time for a change of scenery. 

he would be smart to get ahead of the pack,  especially if they plan on starting over from the GM on down.  Get it out there now that they are looking so all the potential candidates can be contacted at the earliest possible time,  and so that the GMs of interest could be contacting their potential coaching candidates.  I would like to see a plan in place prior to wild card weekend so that we can take advantage of that 1 week window to interview any candidates with teams on the bye week and then circle back the following week with any candidates on teams that are eliminated that first week.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I’m shocked Urban has been as bad as he’s been. I figured there’d be bumps but it’s been a disaster. He’s given the Jags zero reason to keep him, other than the fact they’re paying him for 4 more years.

Fangio is a dinosaur, not surprised.

I think Joe Judge has been dealt a bad hand, like Shurmur before him, but that might not save him.

Nagy is also 100% gonezo. GM Pace should be out the door too but hopefully they keep him. 

EDIT- Just saw your title… you think Carroll for sure huh? That one would be interesting. He’s a good coach but like Arians moving from ARI to TB, might be time for a change of scenery. 
I think both Pete and Schneider are done, despite the contracts they both just got. 

Pace is a good call. 

For sure:
Bears - NagyVikes - Zimmer
Probably:
Giants - JudgeBroncos - Fangio
Quit more likely than fired:
Seahawks - CarrollJags - Meyer
Surprise firing?
Jets - Saleh
Terrible but safe for now:
Lions - Kneecaps Campbell

Quote: @comet52 said:
For sure:
Bears - Nagy
Vikes - Zimmer
Probably:
Giants - JudgeBroncos - Fangio
Quit more likely than fired:
Seahawks - CarrollJags - Meyer
Surprise firing?
Jets - Saleh
Terrible but safe for now:
Lions - Kneecaps Campbell

Yeah, I don't see Urban grinding it out. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
he would be smart to get ahead of the pack,  especially if they plan on starting over from the GM on down.  Get it out there now that they are looking so all the potential candidates can be contacted at the earliest possible time,  and so that the GMs of interest could be contacting their potential coaching candidates.  I would like to see a plan in place prior to wild card weekend so that we can take advantage of that 1 week window to interview any candidates with teams on the bye week and then circle back the following week with any candidates on teams that are eliminated that first week.
This exactly.

This year you can interview candidates from other teams as of wk 17, you don’t have to wait until the playoffs are over, provided you’ve already canned or announced the end of your head coaches tenure. The Raiders have a head start…

New interview procedure could spark a late-season rash of coach firingsThrough 13 weeks, no NFL head coach has been fired due to poor performance. That could change soon, with other teams joining the Raiders in the market for new coaches.
As teams fall out of contention, teams may implement plans to terminate their coaches. Especially since the owners decided in October to allow coaching interviews to begin as of Week 17 of the regular season.
Permission must be given by the current employer of the candidate to interview for such vacancies. The interviews can happen virtually.
Here’s the key. The interviews can be conducted only if the team’s coach has been fired or informed that he won’t be back after the season.
It raises the stakes for teams thinking about firing coaches. Waiting until the season ends puts the team at a disadvantage, since other teams will have started the process. It could potentially become a game of dominoes, with one team going first and others following in order to get a chance to interview a hot candidate before someone else falls in love with him, and vice versa. (The Raiders already are the first domino, thanks to the departure of Jon Gruden.)
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/08/new-interview-procedure-could-spark-a-late-season-rash-of-coach-firings/

Quote: @Kentis said:
This year you can interview candidates from other teams as of wk 17, you don’t have to wait until the playoffs are over, provided you’ve already canned or announced the end of your head coaches tenure. The Raiders have a head start…
In light of this new bit of information.....

What was your favorite Mike Zimmer moment?