Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury report

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 38m
#Vikings RB Dalvin Cook is now trending towards playing tonight against the #Steelers just 11 days after dislocating his left shoulder, per sources. He’s officially listed as questionable but has gotten first-team reps in practice and wants to give it a go.

Not a good idea...

Mattison may not be Cook, but he is not a significant down grade either, he could be a starter on many teams in the league and brings an additional toughness to the offense.  Don't see the point of rushing Cook in a season that is pretty much over.  Hard to get excited about Pierce and Tomlinson playing as neither has moved the needle all year, Watts has been by far the most impressive DT on the team. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 38m
#Vikings RB Dalvin Cook is now trending towards playing tonight against the #Steelers just 11 days after dislocating his left shoulder, per sources. He’s officially listed as questionable but has gotten first-team reps in practice and wants to give it a go.

Not a good idea...
These are the types of move a desperate team led by a desperate coach makes. He absolutely should not play if not healthy

Alexander Mattison is on the roster for this very reason.

2021 Missed tackles forced per attempt:

Cook: .22
Mattison: .21

2021 Yards after contact per attempt:

Cook: 2.8
Mattison: 2.8

Very similar receiving metrics too. Cook is better, not saying he isn't, but why risk this

I really hope Cook doesn't end up aggravating an injury for no reason whatsoever.

If Dalvin says he can go and the medical staff says he can go, then I guess he can go. Unfortunately both Zim and Rick's seats are probably too hot to afford to sit him out of precaution.

But yeah this does worry me. Dalvin rushed back for the Browns game earlier this year and neither him nor Mattison got into a rhythm and our whole offense looked terrible. Hopefully tonight goes better. Wish Darrisaw was out there.

[Image: qCb4oWUg_normal.jpg]
Mario Pilato
@PFF_Mario
· 2h
#Vikings RB Dalvin Cook is @ extreme risk of reinjury. Failure rate is up to 50% in non-op individuals w/ a 26% chance of instability to occur again. He must have full ROM & strength or another dislocation will happen. I just don’t see the risk vs reward here. twitter.com/tompelissero/s…

PFF injury analysts fwiw.

I'm picturing Dalvin walking into Zim's office and twirling a hockey stick to show he's good to go, like he's Adam Banks in the Mighty Ducks. And Zim being like alright, he's good for 25 totes!