Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 games stretch in Vikings history

Man, I had high hopes for Sidney. After he hurt his hip in the NFC Championship game, he was never the same again.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
Man, I had high hopes for Sidney. After he hurt his hip in the NFC Championship game, he was never the same again.
With all due respect SCV, I am not a Sid Rice fan...

He had one great year here - when Favre was on fire. 

His decisions on how to treat his injury, leaving the Vikings, words said about the Vikings while in Seattle didnt/dont sit well with this long-time fan. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

With all due respect SCV, I am not a Sid Rice fan...

He had one great year here - when Favre was on fire. 

His decisions on how to treat his injury, leaving the Vikings, words said about the Vikings while in Seattle didnt/dont sit well with this long-time fan. 
Completely understand.

In college, I watched him play like a stud from his 1st game as a true freshman. He caught a touchdown or more in the first 9 or so games that he ever played. Just a helluva receiver (and it happened the very year that we traded away Moss, so it sort of relieved some of my pain).

I think that he was just starting to emerge as a very good NFL receiver when Favre got here. A friend of mine grew up with Sidney's parents and has known him since he was born (he was at Sidney's draft party). He told me that Sidney really screwed up his hip in that game and he knew he wouldn't be able to play much longer. I think he just went for a money grab while he still could.

With that said, I understand how Viking fans don't respect him that much. Kinda like me with Blair Walsh, Percy Harvin and anyone else who leaves us and then bad mouths us.