Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Moore Nuggets
Vikefans founder Tom Moore tweeted yesterday that he had heard Zimmer was going to be fired had the Vikings lost to the Chargers or Packers.  Will be interesting to see if the Wilf’s make a move Friday if they lose to Pittsburgh.

He won't be fired until after the last game even if they go 0-5 the rest of the way.  They probably will beat Pittsburgh but Zim is toast regardless.

Quote: @comet52 said:
He won't be fired until after the last game even if they go 0-5 the rest of the way.  They probably will beat Pittsburgh but Zim is toast regardless.

Agreed - unless Zimmer completely loses the locker room he'll finish out the year.

I'm not convinced they beat Pittsburgh. Not if they have to field the same team Thursday they did in Detroit.

No: Griffen, Thielen, Barr, Kendricks, P2, Cook, Darrisaw

They'll get some guys back on D.  They are favored which tells you how bad Pittsburgh is.  And the road team has a distinct disadvantage in Thursday games.

Still, it's Mike Zimmer, so don't go and bet the ranch in Kentucky on it lol.

Short of the timing, I can't see firing him if he loses to contender and not firing him for losing to the Lions....

4 games left. He will finish the season 

I could see after losing to a team like the Lions or some of the not so great teams we lost two, but doesn't make sense after two playoff teams who we were not favored to beat. 

If they lose to Pittsburgh, the advantage to firing Zimmer Friday is that you can start your search process with agents of coaches without having to tip toe around word getting back to incumbent coach.

Let’s be honest. After losing to Detroit-and almost losing to them twice- the Vikings’ season is like a patient with pancreatic cancer. It’s about when, not if Zimmer’s fired.

Quote: @Lee 19 said:
If they lose to Pittsburgh, the advantage to firing Zimmer Friday is that you can start your search process with agents of coaches without having to tip toe around word getting back to incumbent coach.
I wouldn't be surprised if he already knows.