Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefanski's Browns 6-6
I thought this guy was the next great HC? And Jackson threw 4 INTs, lol. Another media creation that gets crowned before he's done anything.

Trade Steph for Zim straight up?

He is a newer coach though he has more leeway especially with the Browns.

The lesson here for the Vikings is to backfill Zimm with someone not from the Zimmer coaching tree... :p

Although it is early, he deserves some credit for having some success as a Cleveland Browns coach. I mean his team did beat the Vikings and at least they are at .500.

History has repeatedly shown it is not easy being a Browns coach.

W/L record2020: 11-5, plus the team's first playoff win in 25 years (Stafansky)
2019: 6-102018: 7-82017: 0-162016: 1-152015: 3-132014: 7-92013: 4-122012: 5-112011: 4-122010: 5-112009: 5-112008: 4-122007: 10-6 <-----last winning season2006: 4-122005: 6-102004: 4-122003: 5-112002: 9-7
2001: 7-92000: 3-131999: 2-14

Weird how Zimmer gets crucified for being good every other year, but Stefanski is getting a pass? 6-10, 11-5, and 6-6 so far...

And for being an offensive guru, the offense is what is holding back an extremely talented Browns team?  Look at their defense...  It's loaded and performing.

I like Stefanski and think he's a good coach. Just pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.  ;-)

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Weird how Zimmer gets crucified for being good every other year, but Stefanski is getting a pass? 6-10, 11-5, and 6-6 so far...

And for being an offensive guru, the offense is what is holding back an extremely talented Browns team?  Look at their defense...  It's loaded and performing.

I like Stefanski and think he's a good coach. Just pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.  ;-)
Stafanski was the Vikings offensive coordinator in 2019, his record so far is 11-5 & 6-6.  Freddie Kitchens was the Browns head coach in 2019 when that team went 6-10. 

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@Wetlander said:

Stafanski was the Vikings offensive coordinator in 2019, his record so far is 11-5 & 6-6.  Freddie Kitchens was the Browns head coach in 2019 when that team went 6-10. 

And Stefanski inherited a talented roster. And the #1 QB in the Draft. And a great defense. And they are .500. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I thought this guy was the next great HC? And Jackson threw 4 INTs, lol. Another media creation that gets crowned before he's done anything.
First off:  I wish we were 6-6 in a very competitive division with no cake team like the Lions.

The Browns have a Bye this week and then come back and play the Raven's at home after playing them well enough to win in Baltimore with a battered team/QB.  

Stefanski is going to have to earn his young up and coming HC stripes this year in the final stretch because they have one of the hardest remaining schedules.  That said, he might win 9 games and a playoff berth which would be two seasons in a row which is really something...look at the post above on their past records.  

Mayfield has been hurt since before they played and beat us in week 4 in Minnesota.  He continues to pile up the injuries and is nowhere near 80%.  Now you can question why Stefanski hasn't played Case Keenum but maybe he knows he lost his horseshoe in Philly because he was there?  

The Browns are a run first team and both starting RB's have also been out for good chunks of this season.  

Then of course you add the WR core that consisted of a wildly overrated malcontent in OBJ and Landry who is also often injured.  Their skill positions on offense have been decimated this year.  Defense is pretty good and keeping them in games.  

So, in summary, Stefanski is getting tested in his second year attempting to turn around a losing organization.  Still in position, despite a decimated offense, to win 8-9 games and make the playoffs.  If that happens, I say well done.  

Now back to my glass enclosed team the Vikings Smile