Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley to USC

Appears he wanted no part of the SEC.

why is the headline Riley to LSU lol 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
why is the headline Riley to LSU lol 
Wrong acronym, it happens when I read something else and type at the same time. 

How is the USC job better than OU? If the ultimate goal is the NFL, I don't get this move. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
How is the USC job better than OU? If the ultimate goal is the NFL, I don't get this move. 
Agreed,   seems like a step backwards to me.  Likely more money and perks,  but...USC.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Agreed,   seems like a step backwards to me.  Likely more money and perks,  but...USC.
I really think it's a combination of Riley not wanting to go to the SEC and may not like his team moving forward. Oklahoma was insanely overrated this year and failed to cover the spread in like their first 6-7 games or something. He's going to get great recruits at USC and because of their name they will be a Playoff team if they have 1 win at the end of the year. We will see if he's able to bring them back to what they were in the early to mid 2000s

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
I really think it's a combination of Riley not wanting to go to the SEC and may not like his team moving forward. Oklahoma was insanely overrated this year and failed to cover the spread in like their first 6-7 games or something. He's going to get great recruits at USC and because of their name they will be a Playoff team if they have 1 win at the end of the year. We will see if he's able to bring them back to what they were in the early to mid 2000s
This was my take too...

USC could be a sleeping giant and a hell of a lot easier to recruit than to OU. 

There is college football that exists outside of the SEC.  USC has gone through some AD drama and bad hires in recent years and I think many forget that they are one of the top college programs of all time.  The HC job there has been considered one of the most coveted HC college jobs with the history of the program and the fact that it sits within the best recruiting bed of the talent in the nation.  I would wager they will easily have one of the top 3 recruiting classes this year.  The coach that comes in and returns the program championship form will go down as a legend within the program.  

Quote: @JR44 said:
There is college football that exists outside of the SEC.  USC has gone through some AD drama and bad hires in recent years and I think many forget that they are one of the top college programs of all time.  The HC job there has been considered one of the most coveted HC college jobs with the history of the program and the fact that it sits within the best recruiting bed of the talent in the nation.  I would wager they will easily have one of the top 3 recruiting classes this year.  The coach that comes in and returns the program championship form will go down as a legend within the program.  
The last decent season USC has had was 2016 and then you need to go back to 2008 before that. They were an excellent program under Pete Carroll in the 2000s and I'm obviously aware of their dominance as a national power before that. 13 years of relevant dormancy is a lifetime in college football, but to your point California is a hotbed of talent and with the right coach, they can recruit nationwide. I wouldn't sleep on their potential resurgence.