Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snyder Ego Nixes Cousins Haul
https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Dan...623079.php

On "The Kevin Sheehan Show," Gruden spoke openly about the bad blood between 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan and Washington Football Team's owner, Dan Snyder, as well as its former general manager, Bruce Allen. Shanahan was on his father Mike Shanahan's coaching staff in Washington from 2010 to 2013 before being summarily fired (along with his dad and others).
By 2017, Kyle Shanahan was the head coach of the Niners, and Kirk Cousins was in the final year of his contract with Washington. It was oft-rumored that Shanahan wanted to acquire Cousins, but San Francisco ended up opting for a Jimmy Garoppolo trade instead (which only cost them a second-round pick).
The alleged price for Cousins was much, much higher, Gruden says: two first-round picks and possibly two second-round picks. 
Gruden's insinuation is that San Francisco would've been comfortable sending away all those draft picks but ran into a brick wall of pettiness from Snyder and Allen. 
"Obviously, dealing with the Shanahans was something that they did not want to do," Gruden said. "I don’t think that they could stomach having Kirk Cousins be successful for Kyle Shanahan."

No idea what's going to happen with Shanahan, but I like him as a coach very much. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
No idea what's going to happen with Shanahan, but I like him as a coach very much. 
Reuniting Shanahan and Cousins is my dream scenario but after last nights game, I'm not so sure that Shanahan will be available after the season. I think the 49ers will go on a little run. Despite feasting on a terrible San Diego defense, Zimmer will find a way to lose at home against the Packers, and on the road against the Niners which will ultimately seal his fate.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
He's a really good coach, but they almost seem to live and die with the health of Kittle. As an Iowa fan I am probably biased, but they were elite when he was healthy. Last year they were awful as he was hurt (other factors too). This year they are 3-3 with him (two losses were one score) and 1-2 without him. Keep him healthy

I agree @TBro...

I predicted a win vs the The Bolts and predicting 0/2 vs Pack and 49'ers...Those are bad match-ups for this team.

When it will really matter for the 21 season? Their mediocrity will rear its head. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I agree @TBro...

I predicted a win vs the The Bolts and predicting 0/2 vs Pack and 49'ers...Those are bad match-ups for this team.

When it will really matter for the 21 season? Their mediocrity will rear its head. 
I have us beating the Lions and Steelers and losing the rest. The last four games of the year are against elite Defensive Tackles who can pressure Cousins up the middle(Hicks 2x, Donald, and Clark) and totally disrupt our passing game. Cook has not been the same game breaking threat he has been and can't be relied upon to put the offense on his back. We will need Cousins, JJ, Thielen, Osborn, Conklin, etc. to get aggressive in the passing game to have any chance in these games. Kubiak is the biggest concern. He will need to craft a quick hitting passing game that gets the ball out of Kirk's hands quickly. We won't have time to let those intermediate and long passing routes develop when Bradbury and Cole will be pushed into Cousins lap. I'm not convinced that he has the skill to create a game specific passing attack or that Zimmer gives him enough leash to do anything innovative. We will see. I want them to do well, but I also don't want Zimmer to get enough wins that they keep him for another year so I'm conflicted. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I agree @TBro...

Generally curios, why do you think SF is a bad matchup? At SF is tough, but this team isn't as good as years past as they're in the middle of all offensive statistics. I rarely feel confident vs GB but actually like the matchup vs SF if you make Jimmy beat you. They turn it over a lot, we only do when at crucial times. 

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@purplefaithful said:
I agree @TBro...

Generally curios, why do you think SF is a bad matchup? At SF is tough, but this team isn't as good as years past as they're in the middle of all offensive statistics. I rarely feel confident vs GB but actually like the matchup vs SF if you make Jimmy beat you. They turn it over a lot, we only do when at crucial times. 
their turnovers dont mean much when our O is so inept at generating points off turnovers themselves.  I have about zero faith in a Zimmer led team winning any game they play, they could beat any team at any time IMO,  but I just dont expect them to do it any more.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@purplefaithful said:
I agree @TBro...

their turnovers dont mean much when our O is so inept at generating points off turnovers themselves.  I have about zero faith in a Zimmer led team winning any game they play, they could beat any team at any time IMO,  but I just dont expect them to do it any more.
I understand that part, I just dont think SF is a team the Vikes matchup poorly with. The game may say otherwise, but SF is nowhere near the team they were two years ago

All the Vikings can be this year is "Spoilers" for somebody else...