Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Cole as starting center: 'We've had that conversation'
https://www.startribune.com/vikings-note...600117082/

You'd be morons to not be entertaining it as Viking's coaches. Whether at center or at RG. 

Curious to see what the Vikings do. Cole doesn't make the wow plays in the run game that GB does, but he was sure better in pass pro.

If Udoh doesn't clean up the holding calls, the Vikings best lineup might be Bradbury at center and Cole at RG.

Here is another opportunity for the Vikings to challenge the "conservative" label. Will the Vikings be bold and try some new things? Or go back to what they were doing before?

Udoh has been getting attention for all the unwanted reasons lately...It would be shocking if they moved GB over to OG for Packer week. 

Cole is by far the better pass protector vs Bradbury. Man we spent a lot of draft capital on Bradbury too. 

I didn't get to watch the game as I was traveling on Sunday. I did listen in the car. I thought PA, Bercich, and Lieber all commented how much pressure Cousins was under up the middle. Was that Cole getting beat, Udoh getting beat, or a combination of both? If anyone watched the game film and isolated the OLine, it would be great to get some intel. Against a good defense, is Cole really that much better than Bradbury? Kenny Clark is going to destroy us up the middle on Sunday. 

Cole has looked pretty good overall. Like someone mentioned, Udoh may need to sit a game to get his head on straight. His penalties are making it tough to win games. That kind of sloppy play just can’t be tolerated. 
I haven’t given up on Bradbury. He has everything you look for in a Center and at times can play well. He’s just so inconsistent. He’s getting forced back, not because of a strength issue, it’s because he struggles with technique. He has not shown the kind of natural use of leverage you like to see. I don’t know what it is, but he has been slow to adapt from college, where you he could get away with being less than perfect because he was a superior athlete to pretty much everyone he faced. Offensive lineman at times can take a couple of years to develop. In my opinion, Bradbury can be a good one long term, it’s just a question of at what expense to the team and the QB? 
The talent is there when it comes to our line and they’ve been slowly getting better. If we are going to contend though, they must play significantly better as a unit sooner rather than later.

Quote: @TBro said:
I didn't get to watch the game as I was traveling on Sunday. I did listen in the car. I thought PA, Bercich, and Lieber all commented how much pressure Cousins was under up the middle. Was that Cole getting beat, Udoh getting beat, or a combination of both? If anyone watched the game film and isolated the OLine, it would be great to get some intel. Against a good defense, is Cole really that much better than Bradbury? Kenny Clark is going to destroy us up the middle on Sunday. 
The Vikings did allow a lot of pressure up the middle, but my impression was that it mostly came from mishandled blitzes up the middle and not necessarily players getting beaten 1v1. 

Kenny Clark has been trouble for Bradbury in the past. It might be a good time to see if Cole can fare any better. Can always put Bradbury back in if Cole struggles. 

We beat Green Bay last year behind a ridiculous day from Dalvin: 224 total yards and 4 TDs. If we want to repeat that, we might be better off with Garrett. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Curious to see what the Vikings do. Cole doesn't make the wow plays in the run game that GB does, but he was sure better in pass pro.

If Udoh doesn't clean up the holding calls, the Vikings best lineup might be Bradbury at center and Cole at RG.

Here is another opportunity for the Vikings to challenge the "conservative" label. Will the Vikings be bold and try some new things? Or go back to what they were doing before?

Well geez, so you're saying all we need to do is put Cole in on passing plays and Bradbury on running plays.  Why haven't the coaches figured that life hack out yet?

Jedi mind trick them by switching jerseys throughout the game

Bradbury  getting Covid is what prompted  the change,  it wasn't a  coaching decision.

Vikings have a history of playing the higher draft pick.

whoever is in @ C better get their s hit together with their other iol mates...

We've got 4 games left against GB/Chi DL's + some guy who plays for the Rams @ DT too