Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man, I hate to bring any more negativity to the board....
But with Hunter out? And looking at this remaining schedule? I am very hard pressed to find 5 more wins, maybe even 4?

60% of the remaining schedule is on the road too...

@RAVENS
@CHARGERS
PACKERS
@49'ERS
(one win among these 4?)

@DETROIT
STEELERS
(MAYBE 2 wins here, this is where draft position dies)

@CHICAGO
RAMS 
(0/2 here)

@GB
BEARS
(maybe 1 win here)

[Image: p79735desqy6.gif]

Pretty sure this team will find a way to have just enough wins to screw up the draft yet miss the playoffs.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
But with Hunter out? And looking at this remaining schedule? I am very hard pressed to find 5 more wins, maybe even 4?

60% of the remaining schedule is on the road too...

@RAVENS
@CHARGERS
PACKERS
@49'ERS
(one win among these 4?)

@DETROIT
STEELERS
(MAYBE 2 wins here, this is where draft position dies)

@CHICAGO
RAMS 
(0/2 here)

@GB
BEARS
(maybe 1 win here)
On the bright side Smile

We could lose the next 3 and STILL likely make the dance as long as we beat the Niners, Detoilet, and da bears twice plus one of either Steelers/Rams/GB. 

PF—I can’t explain this but I just have this feeling that the Vikes will turn this around. I don’t know why. It just feels like they are a better team than they have shown (duh) and will get their sh*t together. I’m sure of this.it’s gonna surprise EVERYBODY!! Of course I have been wrong before….

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Pretty sure this team will find a way to have just enough wins to screw up the draft yet miss the playoffs.
Just like last year.  6-9, eliminated from playoffs, Cook, Rudy and Reiff all out for week 17.  I wanted them to sit KC and play Stanley to see if there was any glimmer there.  Instead, Kirk throws for 400 yards, we win 37-35 and we drop to 14th in the draft.  If we go 6-10 maybe we "win" enough tiebreakers to get to #10 or #11 in the draft and take Justin Fields without trading up, or with a much smaller cost than the Bears paid.  Think maybe Fields sitting for a year would look a little better with AT, JJ and KJ instead of whatever he's throwing to in Chicago?

Cueing Maroonbells any second.....

How dare you bring negativity to this board, PF??? Some of us are holding onto the Longship for dear life, and here you are, Mr. Doom & Gloom!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fview%2Fhow-...f=1&nofb=1]

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
PF—I can’t explain this but I just have this feeling that the Vikes will turn this around. I don’t know why. It just feels like they are a better team than they have shown (duh) and will get their sh*t together. I’m sure of this.it’s gonna surprise EVERYBODY!! Of course I have been wrong before….
I agree, and it is what Zimmer has been saying all year. That is why Zimme has to go....we hve talent that should be winning but we are not. Play calling and coaching is what is killing us.

My fear is we dolike normal, win just enough to screw up draft position, but just miss the playoffs. 

Meh....unless they're totally packing it in emotionally, the Vikings are still capable of beating anyone. They'll likely pull out a few surprising wins. But here's the deal: they'll also lose to a few they shouldn't. They're just that kind of team. And I don't see that changing until Zimmer goes.

IOW, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we beat the Ravens, Chargers, Rams and/or Packers but lose in Chicago and Detroit.