Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
erin nonvax
So he tests positive and has been telling team he was vaxxed---liar liar.

Do they punish his transgressions or ignore for ratings?

Hmm I had heard that he lied about it but I think we need to make sure. Just because you are vaxed doesn’t mean you can’t get it. People have this wrong idea about what a vaccine does. It doesn’t prevent you from getting a disease or even having sumptoms or even having bad complications or death. It gives you a much greater percentage of not suffering those things and your body’s ability to beat it quickly when it encounters it thus creating a less likelihood of spreading it.

However IF he did lie about it and spread it to his teammates the league needs to come down HARD on him.

i think we all need to remember that none of us are infectious disease experts (unless you actually are) 

Much of what we are all saying is what we’ve googles or read somewhere. The information that I share is from medical professionals I have spoken with and I am great friends with the data security officer for MN Department of health.

I am type II diabetic and have had many conversations with all of my doctors and my son has resporatory issues so we have talked with his resporatory care team, his primary, and his allergist about all the factors and his risks and how the virus elevates those risks.

What worries me about discussions here on thos forum is the nature of forums and how some people interract on them. Many people want to “win” the discussion. I would say we all do from time to time for sure. And given that we will dig in and find sources to bolster what will help win that discussion. It is natural.

With that said this is not appropriate on this issue. I do not want this site to become a place where misinformation is given even if unintentionally that may end up costly for someone or their family. I don’t know that a football site is where people should be shopping for their pandemic response info.

I may begin removing these thpes of posts including my own that deal with it. 

much like the flu shot is not 100% effective of preventing the flu for the strain that is prevalent it lessens the body reaction.  Other strains are marginally effected in prevention depending on how far they are from the targeted strain that the shot was developed for.

While I Don'tknow with  certainty that he lied I could see that smug douche doing just that justifying his alternative medicine his reason.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
i think we all need to remember that none of us are infectious disease experts (unless you actually are) 

Much of what we are all saying is what we’ve googles or read somewhere. The information that I share is from medical professionals I have spoken with and I am great friends with the data security officer for MN Department of health.

I am type II diabetic and have had many conversations with all of my doctors and my son has resporatory issues so we have talked with his resporatory care team, his primary, and his allergist about all the factors and his risks and how the virus elevates those risks.

What worries me about discussions here on thos forum is the nature of forums and how some people interract on them. Many people want to “win” the discussion. I would say we all do from time to time for sure. And given that we will dig in and find sources to bolster what will help win that discussion. It is natural.

With that said this is not appropriate on this issue. I do not want this site to become a place where misinformation is given even if unintentionally that may end up costly for someone or their family. I don’t know that a football site is where people should be shopping for their pandemic response info.

Duly noted.  I truly hope that everyone, regardless of the path they choose, stays healthy and I hope I have not offended anyone.

Though not an infectious disease experts, prior to law school I was the paralegal for the American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA -- plaintiff's bar) for the DPT litigation group.  Of course, this was many years ago, but it gives me a certain background knowledge of what allegedly can cause a vaccine to be harmful and I have turned down certain vaccines in the past because of ingredients (not for religious reasons).  So, I try to be respectful of differing opinions on the subject even when facing confirmation bias.

I do not want this site to become a place where misinformation is given even if unintentionally that may end up costly for someone or their family. 
If any medical information at all is shared, it is impossible to ensure that it does not to negatively affect somebody.  We are all individuals, and we react to medical treatments differently.  There is no generic information that is beneficially applicable to all of us.  It is widely and generically recommended that the current vaccines are safe to the point that people are so comfortable getting them that they were getting them in parking lots and whatnot based on the recommendations of politicians.  The current crops of covid vaccines have caused entries into the VAERS (Vaccine Averse Event Reporting System) database at an incredibly rapid rate compared to other vaccines.  For these people that have lost their livelihood, their lives, or their childrens lives, the advise that is most supported by our governmental experts and medical experts is one that cost them dearly.  I'm not trying to say that vaccines are unsafe compared to not getting vaccinated, but rather that there is no "right information" that harms no one.

I will just offer,  people will get their information some where,  in this day and age most people get it from the internet.  at least this site ( at least tries ) to allow both view points to be made on all subjects and offers information pro and con to about any point made, which IMO makes it a pretty good starting point for about anything.  you may get led down a wrong path,  but at least you will know that there are multiple paths to look for your information.  most sites these days only present/allow one side of most subjects or are to toxic to bother spending enough time on to find the opposing view points.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:

I will just offer,  people will get their information some where,  in this day and age most people get it from the internet.  at least this site ( at least tries ) to allow both view points to be made on all subjects and offers information pro and con to about any point made, which IMO makes it a pretty good starting point for about anything.  you may get led down a wrong path,  but at least you will know that there are multiple paths to look for your information.  most sites these days only present/allow one side of most subjects or are to toxic to bother spending enough time on to find the opposing view points.
Yeah, it is the internet.  Facebook is one of the most draconian about this and yet they feed people exactly what FB knows will get more interaction.  At least here there are multiple sides and healthy discussion.  Where there is disagreement and differing opinions, there is no "disinformation", just opinions.  Facebook is the master of disinformation because one side controls the entire conversation.

I didn’t say disinformation did I? I said misinformation. There is a very large difference between the two. I used that word intentionally.