Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierce OUT for Sunday night's game

crap

Of course he is 

patrick jones doubtful... wtf,  we just traded away a DE to make room for him and his first opportunity and he can answer the bell?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
patrick jones doubtful... wtf,  we just traded away a DE to make room for him and his first opportunity and he can answer the bell?
Its not a bell anymore. Its a ring. 

I'll have to go look at Kendricks stats, but Pierce has been a disappointment and I haven't ben overwhelmed with Tomlinson either. 

Fingers crossed this combo comes together in a way they really haven't shown yet. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I'll have to go look at Kendricks stats, but Pierce has been a disappointment and I haven't ben overwhelmed with Tomlinson either. 

Fingers crossed this combo comes together in a way they really haven't shown yet. 
I'd say Pierce has been a disappointment in the run game, but a surprise against the pass. Same with DT. Their contribution is seen more in the fact that the Vikings rank #1 in sacks and 3rd down defense than individual numbers. 

But we need both in there as the defense starts to emerge into what it's supposed to be the 2nd half of the season. Thought we might see that against Dallas, but we'll have to go with Watts again. Who, oddly enough, has been the highest ranked member of the Vikings defense every time he plays, at least according to PFF. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I'd say Pierce has been a disappointment in the run game, but a surprise against the pass. Same with DT. Their contribution is seen more in the fact that the Vikings rank #1 in sacks and 3rd down defense than individual numbers. 

But we need both in there as the defense starts to emerge into what it's supposed to be the 2nd half of the season. Thought we might see that against Dallas, but we'll have to go with Watts again. Who, oddly enough, has been the highest ranked member of the Vikings defense every time he plays, at least according to PFF. 
I agree, and what about Sheldon Richardson?  Anyone remember him?  Sure would be nice if that guy could get noticed in games; I think he's about due for making some plays.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

I agree, and what about Sheldon Richardson?  Anyone remember him?  Sure would be nice if that guy could get noticed in games; I think he's about due for making some plays.

Typically, you'd see better performance from an aging player placed in a rotation (see Griffen), but that doesn't seem to be the case with Richardson. He's been largely invisible. 

When Pierce went down, everyone just assumed Tomlinson would slide over to nose and Richardson would start at 3T, but Zimmer shut that down right away, saying that Tomlinson would stay put and Watts would replace Pierce. Not sure if that's more a credit to Watts or an indictment on Richardson, but it's clear now it was the right move. 

Our DTs have been a huge disappointment, they get absolutely no push off the line and have pretty much been a non-factor.  I can't even imagine Kendricks playing behind legit DTs.  Pierce and Westbrook like several others do not look like they can stay healthy.