Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest on Watson

unreal

This is almost surreal. Would a team really trade for this guy with everything hanging over his head like this? Just from a PR perspective alone you'd think he'd be radioactive. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This is almost surreal. Would a team really trade for this guy with everything hanging over his head like this? Just from a PR perspective alone you'd think he'd be radioactive. 
There are some football cities that would overlook his transgressions for his talent.. I think of Philly first. 

So. Beach or Carolina would be my guesses. He will be traded and given a 2nd chance somewhere, IF he doesnt end-up in jail for a long time. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
So. Beach or Carolina would be my guesses. He will be traded and given a 2nd chance somewhere, IF he doesnt end-up in jail for a long time. 
Honestly, I don't think he'd get much jail time for those offenses. And he hasn't been charged with anything as of this moment. 22 women have sued him, that's as far as it goes currently. Its just sexual misconduct,, right? Its not sexual assault, rape, etc. as far as I understand it from a legal standpoint. Complaints have been filed. He might even plea out of most of it. But from a PR standpoint for a new team, that's what I'm talking about.

I think the MLB is the most poorly ran sports league out there, but they at least handled the Trevor Bauer situation quite well. I'm bringing that up because look how poorly the NFL is managing Gruden, WFT, and Deshaun. Does Goodell and other executives within the NFL actually care about the law or is it 100% whatever the owners want? 

The NHL is wading through the Blackhawks scandal, they are basically cleaning house. I doubt anything comes of Snyder's bs. Absolutely despicable and disgusting behavior all around by the league and the Blackhawks.

No one caught it at the NFL level until there were 22 incidents?

1,2,... .....10  .............22? incidents  ?

and no one at the NFL level sees a pattern?

And it appears the  NFL's course of action is to move  Watson to South Florida so he can start over?

Quote: @Mattyman said:

No one caught it at the NFL level until there were 22 incidents?

1,2,... .....10  .............22? incidents  ?

and no one at the NFL level sees a pattern?

And it appears the  NFL's course of action is to move  Watson to South Florida so he can start over?
Hey, talented QBs don't grow on trees.  The NFL is willing to overlook these minor issues as long as he can sling the rock.