Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey Lance experiment a 'disappointment'
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...the-49ers/

I think its early for this, but yes SO FAR it would be labeled disappointing but mostly through the media's eyes who crowned him and put dirt on Jimmy G's grave. They did give up a lot. But this is PFT.com, Kings of the Clickbait. 

Every April, everyone seems to know all there is to know about the QBs available in the draft. And then 6 months later, they forget it all.

This year, you had the big, experienced, toolsy #1 overall pick (Lawrence) who should be able to start right away and not kill you. 

Then you have the three dual threat, athletic phenoms who, if asked to start early, will make a ton of mistakes, and you might just ruin them, but their upsides are through the roof (Wilson, Lance, Fields). So expect big things. But, y'know, in 3 years.

Then you have the pro-ready QB who comes to the NFL ready to go now (Jones), but doesn't have near the upside of the other players. 

Then, when that's exactly what happens, people lose their minds. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Every April, everyone seems to know all there is to know about the QBs available in the draft. And then 6 months later, they forget it all.

This year, you had the big, experienced, toolsy #1 overall pick (Lawrence) who should be able to start right away and not kill you. 

Then you have the three dual threat, athletic phenoms who, if asked to start early, will make a ton of mistakes, and you might just ruin them, but their upsides are through the roof (Wilson, Lance, Fields). So expect big things. But, y'know, in 3 years.

Then you have the pro-ready QB who comes to the NFL ready to go now (Jones), but doesn't have near the upside of the other players. 

I laughed because its true with the media. Extremes always seem to make for good clickbait. Not for me, but for the masses. The thing that riles me is its a conscious thing they do to drum up clicks....they don't even believe what they say themselves half the time. Disingenuous.

I dont know why I always have to be reminded on how big the leap is from college to NFL - especially for QB's. But I do. 

Mac Jones certainly looks the most pro-ready out of the gate. Not a surprise given its NE and he's a Tide alum. 

But this is certainly a marathon. I wouldn't count out the kid in Jax and one of those athletic phenom's should work out well. Just hope its not you know who in ChiTown. 

Florio is such a hack. I used to like reading his columns but he's become unbearable with his takes the last couple of years or so.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I dont know why I always have to be reminded on how big the leap is from college to NFL - especially for QB's. But I do. 

Mac Jones certainly looks the most pro-ready out of the gate. Not a surprise given its NE and he's a Tide alum. 

But this is certainly a marathon. I wouldn't count out the kid in Jax and one of those athletic phenom's should work out well. Just hope its not you know who in ChiTown. 
It's quite the jump from the FBS to the Pros...Trey was a whole level behind the FBS guys so his uphill climb was even tougher. These guys are rookies, mostly on shitty teams. Give it time

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Don't worry, Fields needed the reminder about the leap and the speed and he got it. Wilson took some brutal hits today. It is way too early to say anything about Lance. The expectations from the talking heads are unreasonable and unrealistic. The qbs have to go out and learn through trial and error. Time will tell about Lawrence. Jones seems to be growing of course having Belichick is key. Not even a full season yet so we'll see how it plays out.

Remember fields being smug about how the game seemed slowed down in preseason for him----OH damn Karma

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

Careful, MB. Albert might have your phone bugged:

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1...7680429061