Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weatherly to the Broncos
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/...01033?s=21

Hmmm, freeing up some cap space for another player? Otherwise this would make no sense whatsoever.

Actually, someone predicted this trade a few days ago. With Everson and Wonnum getting all the snaps, and Weatherly having exhausted pretty much all his upside (and playing time), and youngsters like Jones II, Willekes and J-Rob on the roster, it doesn't make a lot of sense to hold onto him.

Is it a move to clear cap space for a bigger move? Maybe. We get I think $2M. If it is, I'd bet it's at corner. Couple names have been thrown around lately, including Xavien Howard and Vernon Heargraves. 

lol, who f$%^ing cares. 7th rounder. Yawn. It's fodder. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
lol, who f$%^ing cares. 7th rounder. Yawn. 
It clearly isn't about the 7th round pick so I wouldnt be looking at it that way. It clearly is about cap space to potentially acquire someone and I think Bells it right where it may be another corner. I dont really know if I would want Howard and that contract as he's been not very good this year. Perhaps try for Hargreaves since he's in a contract year and has more incentive to play well.

You know how sick I am of the annual CB sign in that the team does? Every year. Zimmer the defensive guru that needs 15 corners. 

You know how sick I am of the annual CB sign in that the team does? Every year. Zimmer the defensive guru that needs 15 corners. 
Probably just as sick of it as I am? It's really, really dumb, but I think it's needed right now with P2 up in the air. I dont like it and I think it shows where he is as a coach, but it's what the team needs

Are they trying to free up cap space?

Think you're sick of it now, wait until the first rounder is announced in the 2022 draft.....

It wouldn’t be so bad if some of these corners stuck and we could play them for ten years.  
We finally got of the frickn Quarterback Carousel” and now we are on the DB Carousel.
The only person who has been around in the backfield is The Hitman.

The other problem is we always have injuries with that group,

I believe Weatherly was the player beaten on the blocked punt TD!