Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings @ Panthers Predictions
It’s funny how things change. A couple weeks ago, this game scared the hell out of me. Now, it looks like Sam Darnold is who we thought he was, and without CMC, that’s not much. 
What I like: Panthers offensive line v. Vikings pass rush.
The Panthers, after pursuing but losing out on both Matt Stafford and Deshaun Watson, signed Sam Darnold. Then, with the 8th pick in the draft, with Rashawn Slater, Justin Fields and Mac Jones on the board, they passed on all three to take CB Jaycee Horn, who is likely out for the year with a broken foot. It’s understandable to pass on the QBs after signing Sam Darnold, but you have to protect him, and they can’t.  Meanwhile, Rashawn Slater has been terrific in San Diego. Panthers have very good RT Taylor Moton playing LT and rookie LT Brady Christensen, who graded out with a damn-near Dozier like 45.2 last week, playing RT. Paradis is league average in the middle. The guards are garbage. Hunter and company will get to Darnold a lot in this game. 
What I don’t like: Vikings passing game v. Carolina pass defense
If the Panthers defense has a vulnerability, it’s stopping the run, especially since they will be without leading tackler, LB Shaq Thompson. So I think this will be a game where we run the ball a lot, much to the chagrin of conservative-offense-hating Viking fans everywhere. But that’s probably how we win this game. Because, while their run defense is middle of the pack, the Panthers are a top 5 pass defense, and number one in the NFL on 3rd down. I don’t see us having great success in the air, especially with Thielen and Jefferson hurting.
It won’t be fun or pretty, but Vikings win a ball-control game.

Vikings 20 Panthers 10

i dont think most Vikings fans have an issue with running the ball successfully,  but when its 2 runs that pick up 3 yards total and then incomplete pass or a dump off on third down that fails to convert... people get pissy.  Its not the run game,  its the run game when its not moving the chains.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i dont think most Vikings fans have an issue with running the ball successfully,  but when its 2 runs that pick up 3 yards total and then incomplete pass or a dump off on third down that fails to convert... people get pissy.  Its not the run game,  its the run game when its not moving the chains.
For me it's the runs on 2nd and long...that of course gain 2 yards or less haha. Heart says Vikes 24-17, Gut says Panthers 24-21

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
It’s funny how things change. A couple weeks ago, this game scared the hell out of me. Now, it looks like Sam Darnold is who we thought he was, and without CMC, that’s not much. 
What I like: Panthers offensive line v. Vikings pass rush.
The Panthers, after pursuing but losing out on both Matt Stafford and Deshaun Watson, signed Sam Darnold. Then, with the 8th pick in the draft, with Rashawn Slater, Justin Fields and Mac Jones on the board, they passed on all three to take CB Jaycee Horn, who is likely out for the year with a broken foot. It’s understandable to pass on the QBs after signing Sam Darnold, but you have to protect him, and they can’t.  Meanwhile, Rashawn Slater has been terrific in San Diego. Panthers have very good RT Taylor Moton playing LT and rookie LT Brady Christensen, who graded out with a damn-near Dozier like 45.2 last week, playing RT. Paradis is league average in the middle. The guards are garbage. Hunter and company will get to Darnold a lot in this game. 
What I don’t like: Vikings passing game v. Carolina pass defense
If the Panthers defense has a vulnerability, it’s stopping the run, especially since they will be without leading tackler, LB Shaq Thompson. So I think this will be a game where we run the ball a lot, much to the chagrin of conservative-offense-hating Viking fans everywhere. But that’s probably how we win this game. Because, while their run defense is middle of the pack, the Panthers are a top 5 pass defense, and number one in the NFL on 3rd down. I don’t see us having great success in the air, especially with Thielen and Jefferson hurting.
It won’t be fun or pretty, but Vikings win a ball-control game.

Vikings 20 Panthers 10
Good take, i agree with most all.

Bottom line for me Their oline is worse than ours :#  and our Qb is much better.

I do see us scripting enough passing game to score a little more and our d giving up a few more points as well. 

VIKES 23 Panthers 17 

31-13 purple… Defense rises to occasion w/ multiple sacks & turnovers. 

Quote: @Kentis said:
31-13 purple… Defense rises to occasion w/ multiple sacks & turnovers. 
[Image: cnlpqxb5qghq.jpeg]

I am waiting for the Vikes to cut Cook so they can bring Dozier up from the PS permanently before I make any prediction.

But here is something to keep in the back of your mind.... this game is sort of a job interview for Joe Brady.  I am guessing he has some special things set up for this game.  Just sayin.........

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
But here is something to keep in the back of your mind.... this game is sort of a job interview for Joe Brady.  I am guessing he has some special things set up for this game.  Just sayin.........
If that's true and Zimmer shuts him down, then what? Just sayin...

Another week, another Viking win prediction from maroon. Is this really a Paul Allen account?