Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting note on Cousins' freedom at the line of scrimmage

... so then what's the hold up?
A few days ago I was reading how comfortable Joe Burrow is audibling at the LOS and how he audibled a game winning play two weeks ago. This is a guy who hasn't played a full season yet in the NFL. And that's not that abnormal.
Kirk isn't perfect but he seems pretty football-savvy. Seems bizarre to me if the Vikings coaches have more faith in a first year OC than in Kirk in his 4th year here.

at the same time,  we have all seen how when the game speeds up for him how he goes off the rails pretty quickly.  i dont know that I want that KC making play calls at the LOS.  he should have more than it sounds like hes had and it likely should have came much sooner.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
... so then what's the hold up?
A few days ago I was reading how comfortable Joe Burrow is audibling at the LOS and how he audibled a game winning play two weeks ago. This is a guy who hasn't played a full season yet in the NFL. And that's not that abnormal.
Kirk isn't perfect but he seems pretty football-savvy. Seems bizarre to me if the Vikings coaches have more faith in a first year OC than in Kirk in his 4th year here.
It's hard to know just how much freedom he already has. In Kubiak's comment, "evolved" and "more" don't really tell us anything.  In other words, it's very possible that Cousins already has more freedom than Burrow. 

How hard can it be in the vikings offense.  1st down, run.  2nd down, run.  3rd down and 8, throw to the 4 yard out route.

Maybe the fear is that Cousins will audible out of the above.